Author Topic: GEForce2 weirdness  (Read 375 times)

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
GEForce2 weirdness
« on: March 26, 2001, 12:14:00 PM »
I just upgraded from a:

PIII500, 128Mb RAM, Diamond Ultra 770 vidcard

to a:

PIII700, 256Mb RAM, GEForce 2 32Mb vidcard

This is all on the same motherboard, an Asus P3B-F.

When I had the old system my graphics were fine, just a slower frame rate.  Unfortunately, with the new system while I have a better frame rate my graphics are screwy.  It's as if outside objects have their z-coords reversed for z-depth purposes.  I can see dots below my plane many times too.  To give you an idea of what's happening, here's some stills taken from a film,

In this film, what happens is that as I approach a field the buildings/objects disappear momentarily, as if going under the tile, which makes jaboing difficult.  The three shots are taken from the same spot, but at three different angles.

HTC or anybody have a clue what's the problem here?  Any help would be appreciated.  And, in one other 3D game I play (Combat Mission) my graphics are fine.

[This message has been edited by leonid (edited 03-26-2001).]
ingame: Raz

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
GEForce2 weirdness
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2001, 12:38:00 PM »
A few things to try.

1.  Get the 7.5x Det drivers.  I think folks have had good luck with them.

2.  Check the Hardware and Software Forum.  Skuzzy has some notes about setting Mip Mapping to high that helps some folks.

3.  Make sure V-synch is ENABLED.

Also, are you hitting shift-F1 to get the farthest view range?  Whenever I enter the game, I hit Shift-F1 for max range, Contro-S for squad highlight, and Control-I to get rid of the green display.

------------------
Sean "Lephturn" Conrad - Aces High Chief Trainer

A proud member of the mighty Flying Pigs
http://www.flyingpigs.com

Check out Lephturn's Aerodrome for AH articles and training info!

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
GEForce2 weirdness
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2001, 01:36:00 PM »
thanks lephturn.  I figured it out.  I had 'z-buffering' checked in the AH video configuration.  by unchecking that everything is now as it should be  
ingame: Raz