Author Topic: 8 player arenas  (Read 591 times)

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
8 player arenas
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 06:46:03 PM »
You're right.  I rolled back to the previous patch, and it didn't fix the problem.  It must be on my end.  I tried totally disabling my software firewall, and that didn't work either.  So I guess it's some setting on the router that I've overlooked.  I just can't figure out what it is, as I've got the correct ports forwarded.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
8 player arenas
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 07:34:55 PM »
If the game stopped working after the patch, it is due to a firewall triggering.  By the way, if you are running McAfee or Norton firewall, you cannot disable them.  You actually have to remove the software from your system to disbale them.

And yes, routers have firewalls also, unless you have specifically disabled it.

The ports range from 2000-6000 for both UDP and TCP.

Remove the firewall and try it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 11:32:41 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
8 player arenas
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 09:10:55 AM »
Here are some useful tips from someone who spent six months attempting to figure out how to host:

1. Sometimes your router's firewall must be "DISABLED" so that port forwarding will take effect.

2. Sometimes you have a DSL modem which is actually acting as a router which has a firewall in it, yet another router is hooked up to the DSL modem which is a router in itself. Since the DSL modem is a router, it has its own firewall, so un-plug your computer from the current router, plug it directly into the DSL modem, go to: Start>All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt

Type in: ipconfig
Press Enter, now, the IP address located next to: Default Gateway should be copied and placed in the address bar of your internet browser. Such as this:

Just make sure it doesn't read the same address.

Now, make sure that ports 2000-6000 on both UDP and TCP are forwarded to your computer's name (Or IP address, which is too located in the "ipconfig" from "Command Prompt".) or to your router. Now this should clear up the DSL modem. Alright, un-plug yourself from the DSL modem and back into the router you are using.

Now confirm that ports 2000-6000 on both UDP and TCP are being forwarded to your computer's name or your computer's IP address. NOTE: Since you just un-plugged from your DSL modem and re-entered into your DSL router, your IP address has changed. So open Command Prompt (Start>All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt) again and run: ipconfig

Now, make sure that the ports are being forwarded to the IP address listed in Command Prompt.

Remember, these are tips, not resolutions to your problems, I hope this helped you out.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline benches243

• Zinc Member
8 player arenas
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 02:43:22 PM »
ok so do i have to uninstall norten on my computer? my posts for the firewall driggering and the gamming   ports r open and they r both open tcp and ucp. i have all my windows firewalls and regular firewalls off but i tried to turn everything in norten off. thanx

nown a cool13 in the air

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
8 player arenas
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 07:18:21 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy

It's 2000-5000 again?  Or is it 2000-6000?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 11:32:54 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
8 player arenas
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 09:11:30 AM »
I'm hosting on 2000 - 6000 with no problems, try that.

EDIT: Just remembered, I think I wasn't capable of hosting when I only had 2000-5000 open on UDP and TCP, might wanna try 2000 - 6000.
FlameThink.com

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
8 player arenas
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 09:19:13 AM »
I just went from 2000-6000 back to 2000-5000 and then back to 2000-6000.  I'm going to take a few screenshots and post them to show my exact settings.  Perhaps someone can see a problem.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
8 player arenas
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 11:23:57 AM »
Did you try un-plugging from your router and going straight into the DSL modem? That way you can check if it too has a firewall. That's all I can imagine is wrong at the time being.
FlameThink.com

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
8 player arenas
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 02:26:19 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
If the game stopped working after the patch, it is due to a firewall triggering.  By the way, if you are running McAfee or Norton firewall, you cannot disable them.  You actually have to remove the software from your system to disbale them.

Had that problem at work, trying to re-install some software on a customer's pc--they are windows services, and if ya know the funny names they use, you can stop their tasks there (my computer/manage/services)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
8 player arenas
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 06:56:07 PM »
HOORAY!  Woohoo!  I feel happy!  Roscoroo was right, it was the DMZ, not the port forwarding.  A router reset had undone the modem's DMZ.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
8 player arenas
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2007, 05:28:48 AM »
:)
21 is only half the truth.