Author Topic: A Note on Swap Fields  (Read 380 times)

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
A Note on Swap Fields
« on: January 09, 2007, 04:54:30 AM »
When you use "Swap Fields" and a port is involved with the swap, the CV attached to the port is not updated to be attached to the port's new base number.

This has happened to me twice now. The first time I thought it was just my fast fingers that attached the CV to the wrong base. The second time, I narrowed it down to my swapping fields after adding a base to each country and not checking which field the CVs were attached to.

This has been a public service announcement. You may now return to your previous activities.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
A Note on Swap Fields
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 10:44:00 AM »
One question, to attach a CV to a port, do you need to set the TG's field ID to the same as that of the port?
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
A Note on Swap Fields
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 12:42:33 PM »
The CV has its very own unique field number, but you have to set the Group ID to the number of the port. In the SHP000 property box, there should be a drop-down list of available ports that you can choose from.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 12:44:53 PM by Dux »
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
A Note on Swap Fields
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 01:13:13 PM »
Okay, Group ID, thanks!
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.