Author Topic: 35 yr old can't figure out the film viewer!  (Read 567 times)

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
35 yr old can't figure out the film viewer!
« on: January 06, 2007, 11:33:55 PM »
Could someone please help me out with an answer, or point me to a thread that will?

I can't figure out how to get my views in the AH film viewer to match my views in game.  When I film my fights, and then watch them in the viewer, I get weird views, as if my head position were wrong.  In a fight I watch my opponent carefully, but in the films I am looking at the seat cushion, or through a cockpit frame, or apparantly with my eyeball smashed into the cockpit frame.  I seldom even see the opponent in my fights until he is in front of me!

When I try to pause the film in a view, and correct it, my head stays there and I'm all kitty-wampus when the view switches to another view.

Same affect when I watch anyone elses films!

How do I correct this?

MtnMan
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 11:55:23 PM »
You selected "Use Recorded Views" option on the viewer?

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 12:26:37 AM »
On a related note...

Sometimes when I'm watching films with the recorded views, it'll show people looking up or backwards while shooting at me and hitting me. Is this just because of the discrepancy between what I see on my end of the server and what they see on their end? Or have I messed the viewer up somehow?

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 12:40:17 AM »
Yes, I am checking the "use recorded views" box when I want to be inside my plane.

What I need to do is adjust each view using the arrow keys and page up/dn, so my views in the film viewer match the ones I use/have saved in-game.  I don't know how to do that.
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 01:01:21 AM »
Originally posted by Fianna
On a related note...

Sometimes when I'm watching films with the recorded views, it'll show people looking up or backwards while shooting at me and hitting me.

Their views are not being recorded at all. When you watch your film from your enemies point of view, uncheck the "use recorded views" box. If you donīt, the film viewer will use your own views. That means, not the enemy was looking back when he fired, but you did...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 01:04:28 AM »
Originally posted by mtnman
What I need to do is adjust each view using the arrow keys and page up/dn, so my views in the film viewer match the ones I use/have saved in-game.  I don't know how to do that.

Well, you can just move your head position in film viewer the same way as in game, and of course you can save the head position using F10 in film viewer too.
But if I recall correctly, you can only save a single setup for all planes in the viewer, not for each plane seperately.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 02:41:12 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Well, you can just move your head position in film viewer the same way as in game, and of course you can save the head position using F10 in film viewer too.
But if I recall correctly, you can only save a single setup for all planes in the viewer, not for each plane seperately.

Yes, you remember correctly.  My read is that this was the answer mtnmn was looking for :aok

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 03:16:40 AM »
Yup, this is what I'm after.  My problem is that if I adjust my "Look Back Left", as an example, it screws up my "Look Forward" view, as well as all the others.  Is there a way around that?
MtnMan

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 03:23:26 AM »
Try this.  Turn off your numb_lock while setting your views in AHFilm.  Then you can hold down the number pad keys without windows interrupting its input.  Should work correctly for ya then.

Offline rodak

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 09:51:16 AM »
Your just too darn old to work the thing..................:)

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 09:18:41 PM »
I got it!!

I figured out why my views didn't work correctly.  Way back when the earth was young I mapped my views to my HAT switch.  Not needing the views to be mapped on the number pad, I re-mapped my trims there. #8 and 2 for elevator, #4 and ^ for ailerons, and #1 and 3 for rudder.  That worked great, but in film viewer when I was trying to adjust my views film viewer must have thought I was trying to trim my plane, lol.  For the last year I've had trims mapped to a second HAT switch, but never bothered to restore the views to the number pad.

I fixed it now, and am loving the film viewer!

Hard to believe I've gone this long without paying it much attention...

Thank you all who gave helpful input!  Believe it or not it was a snippet of info here and there from you folks that made me consider that it may have been the way I had things mapped...

MtnMan
MtnMan

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 09:55:14 PM »
Originally posted by Fianna
On a related note...

Sometimes when I'm watching films with the recorded views, it'll show people looking up or backwards while shooting at me and hitting me. Is this just because of the discrepancy between what I see on my end of the server and what they see on their end? Or have I messed the viewer up somehow?

fianna when u the recorded views only shows what u were viewing.. doesnt record what the other player was viewing... so if u hop into the other players plane and u were looking up in your plane it will look up in the other persons plane..
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by TW9
fianna when u the recorded views only shows what u were viewing.. doesnt record what the other player was viewing... so if u hop into the other players plane and u were looking up in your plane it will look up in the other persons plane..

Hm, I thought I had answered that 4 days ago... :p