Author Topic: Ar234 bombsite shows out of range  (Read 262 times)

Offline sepp99

• Zinc Member
Ar234 bombsite shows out of range
« on: January 12, 2007, 01:01:54 PM »
BKGRD:  this problem has happened to me before, then it seems the problem fixed for a couple weeks, now it's on again...(only when i  fly the Ar234) ...

SYMPT: bombsite (after calibrating), sights the target out of range (way downrange) even though i am at a high enough altitude and airspeed so that should not be explanation as to placing crosshatch so far forward.

a couple months ago, i tried it again and it worked perfectly, and i assume it was fixed by HT..but now it's back and i can't figure it out.

i searched forums and found a similar post but inquiry was about the vertical periscope sight, so i figure i am doing (or not doing) something that causes this situation (and prob not the programming)..

i calibrated joystick as usual.  bombsites works excellent in all other bombers.  and when it worked in the Ar234 for awhile it was dead on at 20K feet.

thanks for any input you may have on this topic..

i don't think this is realated but..... once i was returning in a squadron of 3 234s and couldn't get them to slow down very easily when landing ...and imposs to stop when i did  land (kept going in a slow circle) but i figured this was maybe due to my joystick not being properly calibrated?
ye beware subterranean rumblings.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 01:40:25 PM »
Make sure you toggle to bombs after dropping RATO pods.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 02:53:55 PM »
That is what it is, happened to me when I first started taking up 'avacados'

When you are in bombsight, if your rato rockets are selected, you will basically look forward at the horizon.