Author Topic: Connection Problems!  (Read 206 times)

Offline Jim(UK)

• Zinc Member
Connection Problems!
« on: January 16, 2007, 12:36:52 PM »
Hey there,
   I have downloaded the game, registered a new user, but am having problems logging into the online server. I can play offline with no problems at all. I have the latest version as i only downloaded the full file yesterday.
When i go to connect i get the message "Host timed out". It waits a while before i get this message, looking like the screen has froze. I got the message when i registered, and didnt think the form was submitted, but it arrived in my email box about 8 hours later. So i can get through, i have also pinged the server successfully. I have no anti virus or firewall installed, and am baffled as to what the problem is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

James.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Connection Problems!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 01:20:39 PM »
If you're running a windows XP sometimes the windows firewall will block packets sent or received by certain programs. If you do have and even if it is disabled you should allow "aceshigh.exe" full access to the internet.

Also schatzi has been saying that there's been some problems with the HTC servers that people are having connection problems, so it may not be you.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Connection Problems!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 01:45:39 PM »
Those are specific instances Denholm.  The servers are doing fine.  We have had three issues, all on Sunday nights, for the last two weekends.  And I think they were all corrected within 30 minutes of the occurances.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Jim(UK)

• Zinc Member
Connection Problems!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 02:39:36 PM »
Hey skuzzy,
   I have sent an email to support, i would like a bit of assistance as i know i can connect to the server cos i had my new user email sent, albeit eight hours later, and as i can ping im baffled?

Thanks

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Connection Problems!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 03:52:01 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Those are specific instances Denholm.  The servers are doing fine.  We have had three issues, all on Sunday nights, for the last two weekends.  And I think they were all corrected within 30 minutes of the occurances.

Okay, just reffering information I heard.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Connection Problems!
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 05:10:48 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy

Skuzzy, im sorry - i think i worded that wrong. I didnt mean to say that your servers are causing the connect troubles. But in the last week, ive seen and heard a lot of complaints about warps/lag/discoes. I sent you an email.
21 is only half the truth.