Author Topic: Luftwaffe New Year Changes  (Read 507 times)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Luftwaffe New Year Changes
« on: December 21, 2006, 09:26:03 AM »
Salute to all.  It is with a feeling of accomplishment that we announce that after completing our first full year of active game play, that December 2006 will be the last tour for 1/JG54 Black Crosses.  The boys have really come a long way and the group continues to expand and improve with every passing sortie.  Over the past few weeks our small band of dedicated Luftwaffe pilots has grown 40% to 13 active members, including one long time, skilled and veteran 190 jock..

A change is in the air for us as we have decided to re-form the squad along more historically accurate lines.  When I formed the Crosses I never even looked to see if there were other JG54 units in the game (there are at least 4).  Not that that is what fuels this change; rather we are ready for more of an original and historically correct identity of our own.  I am very proud of this group of “yearlings” for sticking to our doctrine of keeping to German hardware and doing very well with it.

First and foremost is the bond of friendship that has developed and that is really the core strength behind our success and the fun that we have playing this game.  Everyone plays for their own reasons and we accept that from all in the game.  We decided we wanted to create as realistic feeling as we could and hence the operating of one real countries warbirds but realize not all care about such things, and so we have accumulated a very like minded team with outstanding group synergy.  Damn we have fun!

So going one step further the 1/JG54 Black Crosses tag will be dropped at the end of the current tour and we will begin the New Year as…

II/JG11 “Reichsverte”  (Abbreviated term for the fighter groups assigned and created toward the end of WWII meaning “Homeland Defence”). In addition, I will be stepping down as CO as I desire to chill a bit and get to know the newer guys without the responsibilities and distractions that go along with commanding the whole flight.  I feel a need to just work on my own playing style and chill on the wing for a bit.  

I have the utmost confidence in the gentleman stepping up to Command  II/JG11, and we are all very excited about the upcoming changes.  We will be adding a bit more structure to the group including regular training as a unit and improved communications and organizations.  If you enjoy history, have some connection or interest to the Luftwaffe, want to be part of a team with a purpose, identity, and common goal, as well as a Unit that sticks to their philosophies regarding weapons choice, look us up.  For us the real fun is looking out of the canopy at half a dozen or more 190’s and 109’s rather than a mixed lot of assorted planes from assorted countries.  Knowing that not everyone cares about that, we have gathered a group of very like minded guys that is very special to all of us involved.  Our squad comms are a mix of raucous laughter and dedicated determination and every night we have a blast.  No formal squad nights here as we fly as a unit all the time.  Some nights we just park the planes on the pad in the training arena and BS for a bit before going onto the MA.

I highly recommend checking us out to any players looking for a Luftwaffe group that tries to have as much fun as possible while maintaining some “authentic” feel to the play and image of the squad.  Thanks to Hitech and all the members of the game and community for making our first year in Aces High such a cool and enjoyable experience.  As of now we remain Knights on radio 5 115 so if interested in checking us out, give a shout.

Salute all.  Happy Holidays to everyone from all of us in the Black Crosses.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 09:37:06 AM by Stampf »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
      • http://
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 02:19:30 PM »
As a member of the current Black Crosses...anyone who reads this dont be intimidated to just log onto our channel and fly with us for a night or  to check us out. We except all pilots willing to be trained...beeing just a kid myself we take anyone willing to have the balls to fly only german planes     Black Crosses
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 02:54:15 PM by RMrider »
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline GTS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 10:38:58 PM »
Bump.

A great bunch of fellas here.  They made me feel right at home, right away.  Anyone who is serious about flying Axis iron should give this squad a look.