Author Topic: zeke flyers  (Read 656 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
zeke flyers
« on: January 18, 2007, 05:04:59 PM »
as u guys noe, a zeke have no armor. i fly my 109G14 at least 40 times a day. i love hunting zeke and planes with light armor.

I have a tip for those who's plane might catch on fire. if ur plane on fire, kill the engine, dun use the fuel that ur plane is using. This helps u stay in the air for like an extra 5 minutes. 10min in total. enough to give u time to land. my 109 rarely catch fire bcuz it have good armor.

when i fly and see my enemy on fire, i think why dun he turn off engine. then i saw my friends flying and on fire, so that's y i made this page thread. hopefully these advice work.if not then i say just bail out cuz ur still gonna die. NO MATTER WAT.;)

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
zeke flyers
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 05:09:21 PM »
?

Offline Yoshimbo

• Nickel Member
      • http://freewebs.com/yoshimbo/
zeke flyers
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 05:16:31 PM »
wtf?

does that actually work?

my tip to the zeke drivers (being one myself) DON'T GET SHOT IN THE FIRST PLACE!! keep that plane a moving! try not to out climb plp too, if you haven't notice already your not all that fast, especiall the a6m2

go with the a6m5b, it is much faster, has better armament, more ammo, and better armor than the a6m2, and u still turn like nobody's business

Online Max

• Platinum Member
zeke flyers
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 05:22:33 PM »
YO DUDE I HAEV NO IEDA WUT UR TOKNG ABOUT

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
zeke flyers
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 05:24:08 PM »
i dun noe either

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: zeke flyers
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 06:04:06 PM »
Originally posted by titanic3
zeke flyers
as u pimpz noe, uh zeke gots nahh armor. ah fly muh ma fuc**n 109G14 at least 40 times uh day. ah love hunting zeke an' planes wiff light armor.

I gots uh tip fo' those who'splane might catch on fire. if ur plane on fire, kill da engine, dun use da fuel dat ur plane iz usin'. This helps u stay in da air fo' like an extra 5 minutes. 10min in total. enough ta give u tyme ta land. muh ma fuc**n 109 rarely catch fire bcuz it gots pimp-tight armor.

when ah fly an' see muh ma fuc**n enemy on fire, ah th'o't why dun he turn off engine. then ah seen muh ma fuc**n nigggahz flying an' on fire, so dat'sy ah made dis here page thread. hopefully deez advice werk.if not then ah say just bail out cuz ur still gonna die. NO MATTER WAT with muh beeotch

Sorry had to translate it so it would be easier to read.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Yoshimbo

• Nickel Member
      • http://freewebs.com/yoshimbo/
zeke flyers
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 06:06:29 PM »
I have taken the liberty of dissecting and examining titanic3's post, so as to ascertain the the message hidden within.

I think he is saying that because the Zero lacks self-sealing fuel tanks, it catches fire easily.

Then he says how he likes the Messerschmidt Bf 109 G14 and flys it alot. He then mentions how he takes particular pleasure in destroying aircraft that are lightly armoured, giving the example of the "Zeke".

After this introduction he goes on into the real meat of his post, claiming to know a good "tip" for those who's planes catches on fire.

He explains that if one were to burst into flame, one should turn the engine off. Titanic3 even goes on to claim that one could extend his or hers flight time or "life" by atleast 5 minutes, 10 minutes at the max, enough time he says, to land.

I believe that he thinks that cutting ones engine will cause the aircraft to burn slower.

His reasoning is that you won't being using any fuel and therefore won't burn as quickly. He provides no solid proof of this via flim.

After this he goes on to say that the Messerschmidt Bf 109 G14 rarely catches fire because, and I quote, "it have good armor."

At this point he goes on to relate his experiances with the bf109G14 in combat. he says that when he observes an enemy plane on fire he often wonders why his foe does not cut his engine; alluding to the fact that he believes that in doing so his foe will live much longer.

It appears that his true motive for posting this is to help his friends whom he had seen on fire. He then gives us an alternate course of action for if his idea of turning off the engine should fail, I quote "just bail out cuz ur still gonna die."

He finishes his post with this: "NO MATTER WAT.;)" he is no doubt refering his own skills in aerial combat. By the nature of the post and especially the final sentence he no doubt believe that his skill is "uber" or "l337".

The "NO MATTER WAT" seems to show his overconfidence in his own ability, believing that an aircraft slower and less armoured then his own bears no chance of defeating him in combat.

In conlusion,

titanic3's idea: Plane on fire will die from the flames buring off a wing or the like, but if you turn off your engine you wont die as quickly,  it will in fact buy you more time to land.

titanic3's plane of choice: The Messerschmidt Bf 109 G14

titanic3's rating of his own skills: "uber" and/or "l337"

titanic3's prey of choice: Anything slower and less armoured than him, especially the A6M series of aircraft, no doubt using the tried and true tactic of booming and zooming.

-Boss Yoshimbo-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 06:09:13 PM by Yoshimbo »

Offline Apeking

• Copper Member
zeke flyers
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 06:07:04 PM »
"when i fly and see my enemy on fire, i think why dun he turn off engine"

As far as I can tell, after your engine catches fire you are doomed no matter what you do. Aces High counts to a random number between a certain range and then kills you.

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
zeke flyers
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 06:17:51 PM »
While cutting the mixture is, of course, a very good idea in real airplanes, simply turning off the engine usually won't do much good.  However, in the game there is no mixture control.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
zeke flyers
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 06:22:44 PM »
Originally posted by Benny Moore
While cutting the mixture is, of course, a very good idea in real airplanes, simply turning off the engine usually won't do much good.  However, in the game there is no mixture control.

And as we all know, Skuzzy is very very thankful for that ;).

A clarification: Turning off the Engines does NOT stop a fire or lengthen your flight time in Aces High.

There are however different "kinds" of fires... some burn slower, some quicker before they blow. I never tested it, but I believe it has to do with what part of your plane took fire (which fuel tank?). For example in the Hurri, there are two kinds of fire damage: one that ends with a wing ripping off (wing tanks burning?) and another where the plane blows up totally (aux tank in fuselage?).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
zeke flyers
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 10:05:01 PM »
Odd, I always got a strange and probably obscene thrill shooting down P-38s, go figure. In any event, I can only hope that Titanic is A. A foreigner, that is, someone from a non-English speaking country, who has a less than perfect grasp of English, Or B. Is somewhat less than 6 years old and has a less than perfect grasp of English. Ack's translation was, however, "da schiznit"

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
zeke flyers
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 10:34:29 PM »
Yoshimbo, I want my Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring back now that you're done with it.  Thanks a bunch.

Mace
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
zeke flyers
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 08:08:52 AM »
Originally posted by Bubbajj
Odd, I always got a strange and probably obscene thrill shooting down P-38s, go figure. In any event, I can only hope that Titanic is A. A foreigner, that is, someone from a non-English speaking country, who has a less than perfect grasp of English, Or B. Is somewhat less than 6 years old and has a less than perfect grasp of English. Ack's translation was, however, "da schiznit"

:rofl :rofl :rofl

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
zeke flyers
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 10:59:04 AM »
His avatar speaks volumes ... :huh
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
zeke flyers
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 01:26:02 PM »
Obviously titanic3 has never come up against a really good zeke driver.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54