Author Topic: Please allow terrains to be overwritten  (Read 269 times)

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Please allow terrains to be overwritten
« on: January 18, 2007, 07:56:11 PM »
Currently, if a terrain-maker makes a change to a terrain, clients who have downloaded a previous version of that terrain do not have their files overwritten.  Therefore, there is a conflict and they don't see the same terrain everyone else sees.  At the very least there should be an error message stating that they have an out-of-date version of the terrain and should delete the old one.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 08:06:39 PM by Benny Moore »

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Please allow maps to be overwritten!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 04:33:42 AM »
Errr,

usually the game checks if the map is the currently stored verysion. If its not, it downloads the new one and overwrites the old file.
Im 100% sure its that way for ONLINE Maps... i dont see a reason why it should be different for H2H.

Maybe the player that you had problems with had his "ahiiterr" folder on Read-Only?
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 08:56:00 AM »
Hmm!  There were actually a large number of people who had the problem, people I fly with frequently.  I will make inquiries and see if that is the case.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 10:34:05 AM »
The htc arena terrains have strict requirements and the latest versions are marked in some way that insures you play with the latest version.

Not so with h2h or offline terrains.  Lax rules mean the builders can build terrains quickly without complying with all the strict rules, but multiple versions of the same terrain are not caught as a consequence. It’s currently up to the terrain builder to rename each version.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 10:36:22 AM »
Originally posted by Easyscor
Not so with h2h or offline terrains.  Lax rules mean the builders can build terrains quickly without complying with all the strict rules, but multiple versions of the same terrain are not caught as a consequence. It’s currently up to the terrain builder to rename each version.

I didnt know this was connected. Thank you for clearing it up Easycor!
21 is only half the truth.