Author Topic: MISSION BUG: no loading of saved missions  (Read 207 times)

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
MISSION BUG: no loading of saved missions
« on: January 02, 2007, 04:18:10 PM »
I think this might be a bug so I thought I'd report.

I've been running alot of missions lately and noticed you cannot load 'saved' missions.

In order to run mission, you have to start over from scratch.  In the old system you could save a mission like 'port capture', which would have all the settings for a given mission group.  All you would need to change is the base and start time, etc.....

Anyway, I hope it gets fixed.  It's fun to run missions but a real drag setting them up from scratch each time.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
What he said
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 12:34:45 PM »
Also there is a bug, probable related, that when I remove myself from mission, that I can not join another mission untill the other has taken off, and time has expired.

One more thing, I can not create multiple missions. (ie If i create a bomber mission out of one base, then create a fighter mission out of another base. It will not let me create subsequent misisons after the fist one. All out of one field seems to be the order. Can this be relieved? :aok

Thank you
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 12:50:35 PM »
One more thing, I can not create multiple missions. (ie If i create a bomber mission out of one base, then create a fighter mission out of another base. It will not let me create subsequent misisons after the fist one. All out of one field seems to be the order.

4deck, I've posted on this subject before under 'missions: hearding cats' I believe in general discussion or help and training, I don't recall...anyway some people posted some helpful tips.

First, the old mission planner is gone and the new one is what remains.   Under any 'single' mission you post, all planes have to fly from the same base and launch at the same time.  

You can however, set up a 'second' mission if you want to change up times and places.  I did this successfuly once, where under one mission I had bombers take off, on the second mission I had fighters/jabo's take off.  The bases and times were different, but all were headed to same target.

I am not sure if your question is "can a third mission be created in addition to the first two"...I've only tried doing two at a time.

The problem I have found with multiple missions is this.  It is hard enough getting people to join missions.  Making two missions is even harder, and if they are counting on eachother for support, it may not work (Ie.  noboby joins the bombers mission, but lots join fighter....)

I also set up mission frequency, say 'mission vox is 132'.  What I have found is lots of people won't change to mission vox anyway, so I generally talk on local channel to hand out assignments.  If you are launching from separate bases, the problem is appearant.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
Mission Planer
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 03:13:13 PM »
I have alos found a few wierd problems swith the Mission Planner.
If you change one of your aircraft, during an inital setup, sometimes it gets an invalid loadout, and you wont load the mission up. Rather sucks if you have more then 3 oe 4 aircraft, and yo got to load it, just for it to tell tough luck. Also sometimes it just doesnt load up the mission at all.

What I have been doing as a work aorund, is load and save 1 plane setup at a time, that seems to rectify. Lengthy but it works.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 04:32:44 PM »
Yeah I noticed that too.  Same thing happens say if you give ord to a plane where ord is disabled, try to load it, *poof* all gone.

Or if you try to up a fighter on base where hangers down.

Just like you though, you figure out how to make short cuts and save effort.  

I do the same thing, create one plane set, save it, load it, then go onto next plane set, save it, load it.

If you create like a 4 plane set, one has a problem *poof*, 5 minutes you never get back.

Good luck with it

:aok