Author Topic: January '07 KOTH dates.  (Read 645 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
January '07 KOTH dates.
« on: January 04, 2007, 02:41:04 PM »
First month of a new year means we wipe the 2006 slate clean and start from scratch all over again.
I'm pleased to announce that this month's KOTH dates are official and they are:

FriKOTH - 12 January 2007, 3pm EST, GMT-5 hrs; first plane will be the P-47D-25.
SatKOTH - 20 January 2007, 9pm EST, GMT-5 hrs; first plane will be the Bf 109F-4.

Don't wait for the end of the year rush to get your Tournament Of Champions reservation.
Twenty-four chances remain to get that invitation and a chance to 'win it all' at years end.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 02:46:07 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
January '07 KOTH dates.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 03:16:07 PM »
fuzeman, am locked out, exited after that flight, and everything for main arenas is closed, and will not let me in the SEA, boots me to desktop

might want to reschedule the FRIKOTH........
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
January '07 KOTH dates.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 03:17:33 PM »
Same thing here TC, so there is a definate possibility we will continue FriKOTH next friday.
If we have trouble at 4:30 still, 13 minutes from now, I'll call it and postpone it.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
January '07 KOTH dates.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 03:19:53 PM »
tried again 3 times, showing every arena CLOSED............ohwell..... .got to go back to work at 5pm dangit all.......

think with the wierdness during the last round might want to consider fresh start,  possibly.....

but them last 2  rounds were wierd people discoing  people stuck, people getting hits  with no planes around and suffering damage then hits registering sounds in the tower after the fact....

just a suggestion....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
FriKOTH postponed.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 03:36:51 PM »
My last attempt SEA was closed to I am officially postponing FriKOTH until next Friday the 19th.
With the weirdness experienced my inclination is to restart from scratch if not too many objections.
I'll keep this in mind next time any server updates are scheduled in a KOTH week also.
And don't mis-read that last sentence. I'm all for HTC doing this stuff unannounced and on their schedule and not the ours.

EDIT-
Upon further review, rounds 1 & 2 count!!

See, bribery works!!!! :D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 03:51:12 PM by fuzeman »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
January '07 KOTH dates.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 06:23:04 PM »
Midweek reminder.

We will continue FriKOTH with round #3 using the Bf 109F-4.

We plan to host SatKOTH at its regular time, the 20th 9pm, using the Bf 109F-4.