Author Topic: Sandman  (Read 960 times)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Sandman
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2007, 11:29:22 AM »
When all is said and done and the money goes down, can't beat silver/titanium/gray/dark gray for serious vehicle.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Sandman
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2007, 11:45:52 AM »
Originally posted by Halo
When all is said and done and the money goes down, can't beat silver/titanium/gray/dark gray for serious vehicle.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

On the other hand a dark grey vehicle tends to blend into the background and be harder for the other drivers to see.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Sandman
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2007, 11:47:20 AM »
Can't go wrong with yellow, imho. :)
sand

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Sandman
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2007, 03:20:46 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Can't go wrong with yellow, imho. :)

My wife said "Buy any color you'd like, its your honey...but I can't stand yellow".  I want her to like the color, and titanium (silver, gray) was the only color we could agree on.  She liked the black cherry, but my arthritis started murmuring just thinking about keep that color in good shape.

The titanium will be easy to care for, compared to a dark color.

So..Yellow was my primary choice until she told me how she felt about it, so I went to my 2nd choice. :aok

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Sandman
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2007, 03:45:23 PM »
When it comes to visibility, the most invisible to me is dark green.  In shadows or at night, harder for me to see dark green than even gray or black.

It's interesting too how some designs and colors go much better together than others.  We had a 1997 Olds 88 that looked great in teal green but awful in white or silver, colors that we usually like.  Some colors just go better with certain designs, but I can't figure out why.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 03:48:24 PM by Halo »
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Sandman
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2007, 05:41:39 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
My wife said "Buy any color you'd like, its your honey...but I can't stand yellow".  I want her to like the color, and titanium (silver, gray) was the only color we could agree on.  She liked the black cherry, but my arthritis started murmuring just thinking about keep that color in good shape.

The titanium will be easy to care for, compared to a dark color.

So..Yellow was my primary choice until she told me how she felt about it, so I went to my 2nd choice. :aok

My wife went the other direction. She liked the Xterra, but loved the yellow Xterras.
sand