Author Topic: Career Kill Totals  (Read 2210 times)

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Career Kill Totals
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2007, 11:07:43 AM »
Originally posted by Mustaine

I don't have and really really don't want to install the .NET framework as per skuzzy's advise...

What's wrong with having the .Net framework installed?

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Career Kill Totals
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2007, 01:24:28 PM »
Originally posted by Donzo

http://forums.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143312&highlight=.net
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Career Kill Totals
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2007, 01:55:04 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Hey Spat --

Not sure if it's the app or something on my end, but when I try to download data the dialog box only accepts the "from" tour, and grays out the "to" tour.

No, its not a bug, its a 'feature'. I have deliberately disabled multi-tour loading from the public version of my app. This stops the app hammering HTC's hardware with a barrage of HTTP requests, and i dont want my tool being responsible for that as it could be used in a potentially malicious manner. Ive also taken steps to thwart anyone trying to get around that 'feature' as well.
So sorry if its a hassle having to load a tour at at time. At least you only have to load all your old tours once, then once per month thereafter.
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Career Kill Totals
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2007, 02:10:27 PM »
Originally posted by Donzo

I dont want to hijack this thread with a religious debate about the .NET framework etc. I know skuzzy isn't a fan of it and he has mentioned so in the past. Version 1.1 is more than likely installed on your computer as you read this anyways - its part of XP SP2. .NET isn't all evil from MS trying to whatever, its just a application runtime like Java. Check it out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Framework for some light reading and get informed. And if you really dont want the MS version of .NET you can always try the open-source version called Mono.

Offline fireplug1111

• Zinc Member
Career Kill Totals
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2007, 07:58:26 PM »
Impressive stats: Interesting-----   My question is how do you get kills in a CHUTE and a C47?  these must be proxie kills.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Career Kill Totals
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2007, 08:42:49 PM »
Originally posted by fireplug1111
Impressive stats: Interesting-----   My question is how do you get kills in a CHUTE and a C47?  these must be proxie kills.

They are.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Career Kill Totals
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2007, 12:07:42 AM »
Sometimes where it's MAD (Mutual Assured Destruction) and both me and the guy I was shooting at go down (HOs or rams or collisions, etc) I will bail, give him a kill message, then he'll plow into the ground while I'm in the chute and he'll give me a kill message while I'm in the chute.

Offline Casper1

• Nickel Member
Career Kill Totals
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2007, 09:05:03 PM »
spatula...

nice app.  I have a fair share of app dev experience in C# as well...if you are ever looking for some help extending this puppy or whatever...give me a holler.

Also...is there any way to get around the Squad restriction?  I am trying to find an 'easy' way to keep my squad's Roster/Stats page (http://www.jg44nighthawks.com/SquadRoster.html) updated once a month, and thought this might help instead of looking each guy up 1 at a time on the website.

Nice work, again!!

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Career Kill Totals
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2007, 02:18:39 AM »
Originally posted by Casper1
spatula...

nice app.  I have a fair share of app dev experience in C# as well...if you are ever looking for some help extending this puppy or whatever...give me a holler.

Also...is there any way to get around the Squad restriction?  I am trying to find an 'easy' way to keep my squad's Roster/Stats page (http://www.jg44nighthawks.com/SquadRoster.html) updated once a month, and thought this might help instead of looking each guy up 1 at a time on the website.

Nice work, again!!

Thanks casper. I will keep your offer in mind, but i suspect i wont need to do too much more work with it anyways.
As for the squad stuff, as ive previously mentioned the sqaud DL is neutered for the public release as i dont want the app misappropriated for DOS attacks against HTC. I could do a version where it allows squad DLs but only fires a request every minute or 1/2 min or something. It would make it better for you but it would mean you would have to wait a while for all the data - i will look into it.

Offline Casper1

• Nickel Member
Career Kill Totals
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2007, 09:08:50 AM »
sounds like a good way to get around any possible issues...

Offline Anyone

• Copper Member
Career Kill Totals
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2007, 07:30:41 AM »
for those wondering about missing tours.... look at tour 50?....

mine has over 500 kills, and 107hours playing time.... Id never played THAT much AH untill tour 80-83, so i dont know why this tour 50 is so different? maybe 2 or 3 months are in there?

oh and is there anyway to increase the size of the windows?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 07:40:31 AM by Anyone »