Author Topic: Funny problem  (Read 245 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Funny problem
« on: January 22, 2007, 02:26:41 PM »
I have FSAA set to 2xQ, and in game when I look I can see the edges are anti-aliased. However, when I ALT-S to take a screenshot, then look at the screenshot, it *isn't* anti-aliased!

Shouldn't the screenshot show exactly what's on the screen? This is rather odd...

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Funny problem
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 06:01:33 PM »
looks like not ! :D
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Nemeth

• Nickel Member
      • http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com/intro.html
Funny problem
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 06:08:47 PM »
i'd guess that the in-game screen capture takes the shot, so to speak, before the video card processes it try using "Print screen" and compare it to a in game screen shot.  If this is true, you will have to find a 3rd party program to take screen shot to make them anti-aliased.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Funny problem
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 06:20:04 PM »
That's odd, because it didn't used to do that. I started using DHZeropoint drivers the other night, I wonder if it has to do with a flaw in the drivers?

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Funny problem
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 09:16:23 PM »
Why set it to 2xQ when you can set it to 4x or even 16x?

Framerate a big issue for you with your "high" specs listed in your signature?

What is the minimum frame rate you do not want to get below?  24? 30?

I'm curious.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Nemeth

• Nickel Member
      • http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com/intro.html
Funny problem
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 09:30:30 PM »
no 16x FSAA for the nVidia driver only 8x :D
sry i had to

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Funny problem
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 12:01:44 AM »
I get off, 2x, 2xQ, 4x, and 8x. If I go to 8x there are little glitches like every square icon on the AH clipboard looks rectangular. That only happens in 8x, so I avoid it. I'm testing new drivers at the moment. They seem to give slightly lower FPS, so I bumped it down to 2xQ, only I was seeing some odd things so I then bumped it down to 2x to see if there's a difference.

Under Detonator 84.66 I'd use 4x or off, off for testing skins and 4x for normal play.

With the new drivers I'm getting about 20-35 when I spawn on a runway. That's pretty low for this card. Normally I get mid 50s even in a big furball.

While it is a decent card, it's bottlenecked by 2 factors: 1) my 533MHz FSB P4 2.66GHz CPU and 2) My PCIe slot is only rated at 4x not 16x

Back on topic, the screenshots still show up without anti-aliasing, in 2x, 2xQ, and 4x. I'm noticing other things too that I don't like. I think it's just drivers being buggy. I'll probably go back to standard drivers when I'm done testing them.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Funny problem
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 06:28:56 AM »
The frame grab is done by the video card.  We have no real control over whether or not the screen shot will be processed with the card's AA.

We make the call (it is a DirectX function) and the card hands us the data.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com