Author Topic: easy killin (sort of)  (Read 351 times)

Offline Flame 2 the boy

• Copper Member
easy killin (sort of)
« on: January 27, 2007, 08:58:20 PM »
hey this is going to sound different but i was wondering if someone would like to meet me in the DA one night and shoot at me. (preferably a senior member) that way one of you could then tell me what i did wrong and what i should have done.

Thanks
Flameboy

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
easy killin (sort of)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 02:16:02 AM »
in all honesty, they best pilots are not *made* because they can evade a shot, they are *made* because they don't put themselves in that situation to begin with. A far more valuable lesson is how NOT to let a bogey get a decent firing solution, not how to avoid a bogey firing on you once he/she does.

My point is...you let any decent pilot get some shots at you, you manuever, then ask what you did wrong...they will tell you that what you did wrong is allowing them shots in the first place.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
easy killin (sort of)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 08:45:48 AM »
Flame, its all about merge tatics, thats where the biggest percentage of 1 on 1 type fights are won or lost.

I'd suggest you do some reading on the subject at http://www.netaces.org
You might want to look into lead turns, pure, lead, and lag pursuit also.

If you catch me in the TA give me a yell, I'll show you what I mean.

Offline Flame 2 the boy

• Copper Member
easy killin (sort of)
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 10:29:39 AM »
yeah...i know what you mean, i was actually wondering about the opening moves becuase it seems that is where i make my mistakes.

but i was hoping by doing this i could maybe reverse my mistakes and use them to my advanatge.

and ghost i might just take you up on that offer

Thanx
Flameboy