Author Topic: JoyStick?  (Read 378 times)

Offline PrivMichael

• Zinc Member
JoyStick?
« on: January 27, 2007, 07:07:05 PM »
im new to this and i need to know, do i need a 'JoyStick' to play this game? because i do not have one :[ :mad:

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
JoyStick?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 07:23:01 PM »
you dont NEED one but it sure helps. You can use the mouse, but its very limiting and frustrating. Even the most basic of joysticks will get you started and wont set you back more than 30 bucks.

Offline Helrazr1

• Copper Member
JoyStick?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 07:26:27 PM »
Yeah, joysticks are cheap, and will definately save you alot of headaches!

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
JoyStick?
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 02:21:41 AM »
Thrustmaster Top Gun Fox2 Pro. Reliable and cheap.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
JoyStick?
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 01:15:03 PM »
Get a Saitek X52!!!  The Logitech's are pc's of chit.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline 4XTCH

• Nickel Member
JoyStick?
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 01:23:26 PM »
Originally posted by RATTFINK
Get a Saitek X52!!!  The Logitech's are pc's of chit.

What he said:aok  you wont be disappointed.. They are actually cheaper than some mice I've seen.

4XTCH
~364TH C-HAWKS FG~

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
JoyStick?
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 01:32:07 PM »
before forking out big money for some of the more sexier sticks, throttles and pedals.

Check out http://www.saitek.com

They have some nice all in one sticks for the newbie check evo (wired) or the force one.  $29.95
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Spazer

• Zinc Member
JoyStick?
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 11:27:15 PM »
Go and do the best right from the start and save a ton of money in the long run... CH Products....you will own them for a life time!!:aok

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Re: JoyStick?
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 03:04:06 AM »
Originally posted by PrivMichael
im new to this and i need to know, do i need a 'JoyStick' to play this game? because i do not have one :[ :mad:

Hello PrivMichael!

Yes, the Joystick is a system requirement, and for a reason. It is possible to play this game with mouse as controller, but if you want to stay with this game longer then a few days testing if you like it, I really recommend you go buy yourself a Joystick. Mouse is incomparably harder to play.

It dont have to be nothing fancy for starting out. What you definitly NEED in a Joystick is the following:

8-way hatswitch for views
throttle lever
rudder control (twisty or rocker switch)
as many buttons as you can get your hands on.

You can get very simple, good "beginners joysticks" for little money (for example Saitek 290 for 20 USD at WalMart). If you plan on playing flight sim games for a bit, you might want to consider spending a little more money and getting yourself a X45 or X52 Saitek (~ 100-120 USD). Full HOTAS CH Setup is the best in quality and handling, but a full gear will cost you 300-400 USD - then it will last you a lifetime though. I only recommend getting that when youre really sure this is your kind of game and worth that money (to you).

In the meanwhile: this article tells you how you can set up your mouse as flight controller in Aces High.... so we can get you at least airborne while you decide on a stick.

Welcome to AH!
21 is only half the truth.