Author Topic: Gamerail  (Read 151 times)

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
Gamerail
« on: January 28, 2007, 11:34:06 AM »
I was looking recently around the web trying to find a way to lower my latency as I am on satellite connection and it makes it hard to play at ceratin times,Like when my squad is full force on...

One thing I found using pingplotter was the fact that it takes me 13 hops to get to AH..And some of those hops drop packets..

What I found recently was this website http://www.gamerail.com/index.php?family=&

It seems like something whcih could possibly help those,who like me have to go through many hops and some of those spots drop packets...and I think it would help with my latency,which averages about 1500-1800ms.

I am wondering what everyone elses opinion is about this system?It does cost $15 a month for the gamer,and when reading in depth,it said that the gamesite needed to be hooked into it.Now I am not sure how this is accomplished,.but it also said it was free for the site to hook up to it.

I am wondering,are there any negatives to AH hooking up into this system?

I feel it would be of benefit especially to us sat gamers,and to possibly even those whoo go through many hops to get to game...

I appreciate any and all replys.

Peace and Plenty,
                                              Kevin

Offline Helrazr1

• Copper Member
Gamerail
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 07:17:28 PM »
Best bet would be to send Skuzzy a PM, or an email and talk to him about it, because you'll get alot of opinions on this one, but it will be wasted if he's not wanting to do it.