Author Topic: A question on Frame Rates.  (Read 345 times)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
A question on Frame Rates.
« on: October 05, 2001, 01:06:00 PM »
Thanks again to SKurj, taking off last night made me cringe as my FR was down to about 20 taking off and in the fur-ball I’m sure several bishops were cursing me as I slid across the screen.  He informed on channel one to check both boxes for mip mapping and ground textures.  This increased my FR back to about 40.

My question is how can I improve on this?  I have seen posts by individuals boasting of 75-80 frame rates with “slower” systems.  Also the indicator shows that I have a substantial amount of video memory available but not used.  I’m writing this from work so I’m going to be missing some specific information.

Aces High Setup

Running 1280x1024
16 Bit Color Depth
“Enable Mip Mapping” checked
“Disable Palettized Textures” checked
“Max Frame Rate” set at 60 (from previous versions of DX8 beta – not sure if needed or not)

Desktop Setup

1.1 Ghz AMD Athlon
384 Meg RAM
Geforce2 MX 400 32 Meg (21.81 drivers – updated 10/4)
Windows ME (latest updates as of 10/4)

Not sure what else I need to add.  I’m not to sharp on desktops.  If more information is needed, ask and I will try and find it.  Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Zippatuh

Posted in both Technical Support and General Discussion.

Offline JV44

• Copper Member
A question on Frame Rates.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2001, 10:05:00 AM »
Hia!

Do not worry... all above 30 frames/S will be fine...

The human eye see no differnce bettween 30 or 60 fps....  :D

The only thing is that a system who run usual 80fps will not drop in smoke below 20-24 when stuttering begins because human eye see the single pictures....

See you...

Andreas (JV44)