Author Topic: General questions about X-52  (Read 475 times)

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
General questions about X-52
« on: June 18, 2008, 10:11:30 AM »
I've just gotten my X-52  :D :D and the programming's going well so far, but I'm stuck on a few areas:

1) I'm trying to set my "bail out" button to the pinkie switch and the "B" fire button, but I have no clue how to do this, and the manual isn't helping too much.

2) When I was trying to programme things in Aces High, I noticed it didn't seem to recognise some of the inputs from the upper hatswitch on the joystick.  Also, other buttons on the throttle (such as the one in the middle of the smaller rotary control labelled "i").

3) Could there be any problems if I programme some things in Aces High and others in the Profile Editor software, as long as I'm careful not to give conflicting commands?

Also, what's best overall for programming what: the software or Aces High, and does anyone have a stick profile they could send me?

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
Re: General questions about X-52
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 05:50:33 PM »
YOssarian,

Make sure that ALL views and such you want to map onto your stick have a key mapped in AH...I am not sure,but for some reason when I first got my stick,I went to program "LOOK RIGHT UP" and I couldnt get it to work,came to find out it wasnt mapped onto Aces High KB in-game..

I can send ya A profile I have and use just pm me your email.
                                                      Falcon23

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 11:44:18 PM »
To get the 'i' button to work like a normal button, you have to make sure you have the newest drivers, and then in the joystick properties (from control panel) you can enable that button.

I have a hybrid setup for my X52 (many things programmed in AH, others through the SST Software).  I have pinkie shift enabled, and most of the 'non-shifted' commands I do through AH, most of the shifted commands through SST and it works flawlessly, although I had to spend a considerable amount of time with the programming software to figure it out.

Saitek has a great message board, and if you can't get something to work, their support guy will look at your profile and tell you where you went wrong.

http://www.saitekforum.com/

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 03:55:35 AM »
If you have the bail out button mapped on your stick you're bailing out too often.

That button works better as the LOOK UP button. Dive breaks (If you have dive brakes.)
Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

Offline DustyR

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 06:42:57 AM »
The first thing I would do is down load the latest program from the Saitek site, this will help you a lot in programing your X-52.  I have saved several profiles over the last year because I'm constantly changing/tweaking the control.   :rock  :noid
Coal Country WV -- Home of the free ** because of the brave.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 10:44:54 AM »

I have a hybrid setup for my X52 (many things programmed in AH, others through the SST Software). 

http://www.saitekforum.com/

Same here. Some things it was easier and faster to just set up in AH rather than fiddle with the Saitek software.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 11:39:20 PM »
I've just gotten my X-52  :D :D and the programming's going well so far, but I'm stuck on a few areas:

1) I'm trying to set my "bail out" button to the pinkie switch and the "B" fire button, but I have no clue how to do this, and the manual isn't helping too much.

2) When I was trying to programme things in Aces High, I noticed it didn't seem to recognise some of the inputs from the upper hatswitch on the joystick.  Also, other buttons on the throttle (such as the one in the middle of the smaller rotary control labelled "i").

3) Could there be any problems if I programme some things in Aces High and others in the Profile Editor software, as long as I'm careful not to give conflicting commands?

Also, what's best overall for programming what: the software or Aces High, and does anyone have a stick profile they could send me?

<S>

Yossarian

i would not set the Bail out to pinky, i will bet you will regret it, id suggest to set it for look up.

you should only put the most needed  controls on stick, bail out is certainly not that,

this is my set up

pinky=lookup
trigger=primary weapon
fire under safety switch=secondary WPN
A button= engine start stop
bottom hat on stick= views.
c button L of hat= squad talk
B button R of hat=local talk
top hat on stick left = cycle drop tanks & secondary WPN
top hat on stick right= change fuel tanks
top hat on stick,up, down= flaps
top hat on stick push down),= auto level, auto speed,auto angle.
top hat on stick push down= gear,record film,and text banner
slide on throttle=brakes
D button(right of slide)zoom toggle
E button=clipboard
hat on throttle push down,=WEP,
hat on throttle pull back=toggle combat trim
hat on throttle=left right is zoom in out
the three buttons on throttle=map zoom in out,and look down.
the rotary wheels i dont use they suk,

this isnt perfect, but i dont have to remove my hands while fighting, and thats whats important.(to me anyway)

hope this will give ya some good ideas.