Author Topic: Best Way To Put Aces High on New Computer?  (Read 224 times)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Best Way To Put Aces High on New Computer?
« on: January 30, 2007, 11:51:06 PM »
I searched but couldn't find a sticky anywhere on the best way to transfer Aces High to a new computer.  Sure would like to see such a sticky.

I bought a new computer after motherboard died on old one that had Aces High on it.  I salvaged the hard drive, made it into an external drive with USB connection.  

Tried a couple times to run Aces High from that, but it just seized up my system.  

So should I download a fresh Aces High and somewhere explain I'm not trying to sneak a second copy?  

Or keep messing with trying to transfer the Aces High from my old computer's hard drive to my new computer's hard drive?  

I'm guessing it will be some combination of a fresh download and then transferring favorite settings.  Seems as if there have been posts about that now and then but I'm not finding them in searches.

Sorry if this is a duplication, but either way it would be great to have a brief recommendation sticky on both the tech support and hardware/software forums.  Thanks.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 12:05:50 AM »
I keep AH on a separate partition so it is very easy to install a fresh version when I feel the urge or there have been a serries of revisions that seem to have stabilized.  I always save a copy of the current downloaded AH full game installer, Settings, Sights, Sounds, Skins and Films.  I can format the AH partion and be playing the game 5 minutes later.
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA
CH USB HOTAS/ONKYO 705 7.2 SURROUND SOUND/ 60" SONY A3000 SXRD  TV

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 12:11:58 AM »
I basically do what Dave does , i DL a fresh copy of AH then drag my settings , sound , and skin files over to the new installation . If you have custom sights or any films worth keeping you can do those too .

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 01:14:04 AM »
Same thing here ... fresh install  then drag settings ,skins,terrains,sounds over from old / backup hard drive ... beshure you switch the settings folder off of "Read only" after the move or you wont be able to save any adjustments you make to the settings (AE joystick wont hold a cal if you dont)
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 06:10:47 PM »
Thanks, guys, the transfer was smooth and painless.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous