Author Topic: Korea arena  (Read 497 times)

Offline Sifu

• Zinc Member
Korea arena
« on: January 15, 2007, 02:06:38 AM »
Mig 15's and F-86's would be so much fun!  Please think about adding a Korean arena. :P     Thank you for all the hard work you do HT.   Sifu

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
Korea arena
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 02:10:48 AM »
will you note that this is a World War Two Flying game not a Koream War or Modern War,so ur request wont happen soon:rolleyes:
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
Korea arena
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 10:41:41 AM »
Sorry dude this is WW2 sim. There is this game that have mods with ww2 settings, ww1 and korean war but I don't think HTC wants me posting the name of the product and the website.

May I post the link HTC?
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline Cypher

• Copper Member
Korea arena
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 10:58:40 AM »
Actually when the multiple arenas were first introduced HTC mentioned the

posibility of adding WW1 and Korean war arena.

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Korea arena
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 11:05:17 AM »
WWI & Korean era would both be fun, WWI especially.

Offline plasticman1973

• Zinc Member
Korea arena
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 11:37:56 AM »
Cypher is correct.  I spoke to the powers that be at HiTech about this.  Unfortunately they "are just kicking it around" for the time being.

Any requests for the B-29 lately? :O

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Korea arena
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 02:13:15 PM »
Sorry dude this is WW2 sim.

Can u imagine if a company like apple said, "naw dude, we just make PC's, forget Ipods and stuff like that"

Or how about general electric...we just make light bulbs...anyway I think the point is made.

Personally, I would like to see WW1 and Korea in there, I would check it out.  Frankly, I don't know why it hasn't been done already.

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
Korea arena
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 03:12:32 PM »
When I posted Sorry this is only WW2 sim, I ment right now HTC is concentrating on the WW2 part. This has been posted a million times about a WW1 mod and Korean War mod, but the majority start saying NO! This is ww2 sim. I would love to see a WW1 and Korean War mod, but this well be like in 8 years before anything this big happens.
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Korea arena
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 04:56:51 PM »
Originally posted by DREDger
Sorry dude this is WW2 sim.

Can u imagine if a company like apple said, "naw dude, we just make PC's, forget Ipods and stuff like that"

Or how about general electric...we just make light bulbs...anyway I think the point is made.

That pretty much is what those comanies said for a long time.  It takes a while to grow to the point that you can diversify.  It's also for that very reason that many companies sell-off non-core assets.  They drain resources from their core competencies.

If it were your company and resources were limited would you introduce 3 mediocre mods or one good game?  Which would get more subscribers?  Which would keep more subsribers?

I'd opt for 1 good game.  While the three mods guy might attract more people to begin with the one good game guy will be in business long after the other folds shop (quality vs. quantity).

Once you "own" your core market then you can afford the resources to diversify.  In fact, if the market is static then you have to diversify to continue to grow.

Sorry for getting off-track.  Back to the wish-list.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Korea arena
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 05:00:36 PM »
Originally posted by Cypher
Actually when the multiple arenas were first introduced HTC mentioned the

posibility of adding WW1 and Korean war arena.

I saw the same post.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Korea arena
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 05:08:37 PM »
HiTech expressed an interest of adding a Korean war arena in the future at this past con. Came straight from his mouth so those of you that pop off with "It's a WWII sim so it will never happen" think again. The guy has alot of ideas for this game and if you ever get the chance to meet him and talk about it he will tell you his vision....it just takes time. HTC is a small operation run by a handfull of very capable people so one thing at a time.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Padre

• Zinc Member
Korea arena
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 09:16:16 PM »
I'd like to back my VOTE for a Korean War Arena with THIS:

http://www.internetwines.com/pa95154.html
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 09:25:07 PM by Padre »