Author Topic: Who Iz Ka1e??  (Read 4137 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2007, 08:00:00 AM »
Originally posted by Lazerr
Hmmm.. met with him more than once in the DA skyrock, duels were mainly p38.

Didnt have any problems whooping on him.. :D

First time I ran into him, he tried playing out the shade saying he was a 12 yr old kid.  Hes alright with E, nothing without it. ;)

DIdn't mean any dis on yas bro, just that you're one of the top tier fellas in that 38.  As little as I fly it, I have dueled in it and do quite well........when I'm sober.  I thought you flew it(the 38) better than anyone I have faced in it!  Did you fight him in spits?  Just curious.  I have fought some 38 sticks 38 vs 38 but the only one who beat me, besides you,  was BigR and I was soo drunk, that I couldn't read the keyboard to find flaps, much less put up a good fight.........and that was both times we met in there, lol!  I lost to Ka1e, if I remember correctly, by not raising flaps when we went into the mery-go-round at the end after we both countered each other's moves!  I will say that, after watching the film, he flew very smooth (no unintentional wing dips or stutters in the stall), so I know he is a vet and of good caliber, but that was in spits.  The true test of a great one is the variety of plane mastery.  Many good duelers(I won't mention any names [cough] sonic [cough])  have masterd the "one" ride, but avoid dueling in heavy rides such as 38's, jugs, hellcats, and hogs!  I know of only a few sticks that are tough fights no matter what the ride!  And as I blabber on.........You have those sticks that have mastered a great manuver and after you learn it, they become fodder the rest of the duels!

Lazer, would love to go do some more duels with you when you get the time, I don't think we got but a couple in and I felt you were one of the best fights I've had in a long time, that is other than my normal DA friends that I fight all the time!  <> Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2007, 08:46:15 AM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
I have never been to good at the dueling game, but would really like to try my hand at a few of the people posted here.

some play the MA game alot better than those that play the DA game, when it comes down to fighting at different advantage/disadvantage  starting points......

the DA is a same advantage/CO-E type same alt   fight, it is different..........

You have that right.  I suck 1v1, but I am pretty good at engagements.  The former is something I'd love to work on.  Vd would hand me my liver every time going in co-e, but I can handle him in the main because I don't fight fair.  I only say this because I keep an eye out for his Rook Ki84 since he slaughtered me the other night  :D

Anyone want to teach an old dog how to knife fight up close and personal?
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2007, 09:04:28 AM »
Originally posted by Puck

Sure! Im always willing to DA... just shout my way if you see me online.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2007, 09:06:17 AM »
Originally posted by Puck
You have that right.  I suck 1v1, but I am pretty good at engagements.  The former is something I'd love to work on.  Vd would hand me my liver every time going in co-e, but I can handle him in the main because I don't fight fair.  I only say this because I keep an eye out for his Rook Ki84 since he slaughtered me the other night  :D

catch me on, I'd be glad to help!
Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2007, 09:08:36 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
Mark

typical times when you log on? i'm not a vet but i would like to see if i am any good against accredited sticks

provided of course that this is an open invitation to anyone

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2007, 10:09:22 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
Mark

I'll take you up on that.  I'm 68Kahn in the air now days, so if you see me falling in flames you can offer to show me how it's done.  Army of Muppets is one of the A2A varsity squads.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2007, 10:39:06 AM »
Mr Steve Bailey ( aka Steve29 )

1st I have no reason to have to prove anything to anyone........

anyone that sets their mind to it could fly anywhere from 5 to 20 sorties gathering a total of a 100 kills or more without losing a plane..........

I never said people make 100 kill streaks in a single sortie........I did say people make Big Kill Streaks, though.......

you apparently mistook me saying it is easy to make a 50 kill streak single sortie , 75 kill streak single sortie, 100 kill streak single sortie......when I never said that to begin with....that is why I asked you to go and reread my post.......

I ran it all together, I guess that is the confusion that makes you think what you are thinking....

like I posted..it is what it is...........

have a great day!  Steve29
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2007, 10:44:55 AM »
You're confusing your Steves, TC.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2007, 10:49:07 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
You're confusing your Steves, TC.

my bad then, I know Steve who flys P51s alot, even dueled him back in Sourkrauts Ladder....... he went by Steve, i do not know who Bailey is ingame then........

any case, I am posting to Steve Bailey........... sorry for the confusion....

thanks for heads up hub ~S~
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2007, 10:51:40 AM »
anyone that sets their mind to it could fly anywhere from 5 to 20 sorties gathering a total of a 100 kills or more without losing a plane..........

TC, I'm not saying you claimed to run off 100 in one sortie.  I'm saying it's not easy to run off 100 straight kills with no deaths.  I'm also saying not "anyone" could do it.  I bet I could pick 5 people, ranked in the top 100 of fighters and ask them to all try to roll off 100 kills with no deaths and that, in all likelihood, none of them would succeed. I want to be clear so you understand:  I'm not saying none of these people will be skilled enough, I'm saying that their luck will most likely not hold for long enough.  i'll put you on the list of 5.  care to take me up on that wager?

1st I have no reason to have to prove anything to anyone........

Well, it would give your claim credibility. I think you are making this claim to substantiate your assertion that gettin 100 straight is easy.

Regards,

Steve

Steve Bailey= Steve   in game.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2007, 10:52:57 AM »
No, that is Steve, but AFAIK, Steve29 is a different guy altogether. Much like that Furball dork who tries to pass himself off as me. Similar names, different people.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2007, 11:00:48 AM »
Steve I assume is the same Steve I have referenced with dueling etc......

how do you propose I go about this? run a film and have someonelelse fly near me running film, so there be no suggestions the film was clipped/altered?

and how could I possibly go back and filter thru every tour and find where I had done this? not that it could be counted on 2 hands , maybe only 1......

after reading your post last night telling me to prove it, I logged in to LWOrange and thought about it,  I made 1 flight  bagged 8 ( not really alot ) and had 600+ and 900+ or so ammo load left  in my -1 Hog and 50% fuel main tank, I could have pushed on, but 1 am / 130 am was a bit late for my 4 am alrm to get up....

I'll catch you on this weekend, you can wing with me for a couple/few hours and see if I can actually do it, but seriously I do not have anything to prove, I would be doing it for the fun nothing more......

edit: to add  yes it does take a bit of luck, I agree but it is doable, and myself would not count vulching as a legite way of getting kills, but others do land alot of kills from mainly vulches.....
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 11:04:45 AM by TequilaChaser »

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2007, 11:15:24 AM »
But it was a fun 1AM run wasn't it TC? If we had kept that foursome together we could've done 100 each. But I can't resist the "BIG RED DAR BAR!" syndrome. They're like a Bug Light to me.:aok

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2007, 11:23:42 AM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
Steve I assume is the same Steve I have referenced with dueling etc......

how do you propose I go about this? run a film and have someonelelse fly near me running film, so there be no suggestions the film was clipped/altered?

and how could I possibly go back and filter thru every tour and find where I had done this? not that it could be counted on 2 hands , maybe only 1......

after reading your post last night telling me to prove it, I logged in to LWOrange and thought about it,  I made 1 flight  bagged 8 ( not really alot ) and had 600+ and 900+ or so ammo load left  in my -1 Hog and 50% fuel main tank, I could have pushed on, but 1 am / 130 am was a bit late for my 4 am alrm to get up....

I'll catch you on this weekend, you can wing with me for a couple/few hours and see if I can actually do it, but seriously I do not have anything to prove, I would be doing it for the fun nothing more......

edit: to add  yes it does take a bit of luck, I agree but it is doable, and myself would not count vulching as a legite way of getting kills, but others do land alot of kills from mainly vulches.....

TC I have no doubt you have the skills to do it. It's not really that I think you have anything to prove, we've flown together and dueled, I know you to be a good stick and, as I said,  an equally good guy.  I'm really just referring to the luck factor, what with all the odd stuff that can happen in the arena. I ran off a streak myself once, by accident really, bt I had some silly luck alnog the way and some help from Wetrat saving my tail and from Rude who had to make a rediculous lead turn shot on a meteroic La7 to save me.

Edit: the wonderful irony of that streak is that it ended to a 234... yes, an arado shot me down.  I somehow misjudged where his tail was pointing and he got me.  I chuckle every time I think about that. What a goob I was!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2007, 12:15:25 PM »
Originally posted by jhookt
typical times when you log on? i'm not a vet but i would like to see if i am any good against accredited sticks

provided of course that this is an open invitation to anyone

consider the invitation personally offered, sir!
Mark:aok