Author Topic: Who Iz Ka1e??  (Read 4118 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2007, 12:17:01 PM »
Originally posted by Puck
I'll take you up on that.  I'm 68Kahn in the air now days, so if you see me falling in flames you can offer to show me how it's done.  Army of Muppets is one of the A2A varsity squads.

gimme a shout, if I'm not winging with squaddies I will go.  Matter of fact, you can check in DA from time to time and find a few of us in there!

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2007, 12:21:51 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
TC I have no doubt you have the skills to do it. It's not really that I think you have anything to prove, we've flown together and dueled, I know you to be a good stick and, as I said,  an equally good guy.  I'm really just referring to the luck factor, what with all the odd stuff that can happen in the arena. I ran off a streak myself once, by accident really, bt I had some silly luck alnog the way and some help from Wetrat saving my tail and from Rude who had to make a rediculous lead turn shot on a meteroic La7 to save me.

Edit: the wonderful irony of that streak is that it ended to a 234... yes, an arado shot me down.  I somehow misjudged where his tail was pointing and he got me.  I chuckle every time I think about that. What a goob I was!

1.  Find a furball, get higher than everyone else in the furball, stay at the friendly edge of the furball and pick the engaged.  
2.  Find a cv close to shore, make sure green has a good cap, vulch Il2's until ammo runs out rtb and rinse and repeat.
Not hard to do!
I played picker a few nights ago and landed 14, 30, 14, 16, and 10 all in one evening! 84 kills 5 sorties no deaths.  It is very easy to do!  100 kills no deaths is not rocket science, it's called flying timid/ganging/cherrypicking/vulching!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline ClevMan

• Copper Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2007, 12:24:10 PM »
HARR???

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2007, 12:27:38 PM »
Best stick I have seen is Corkyjr... he can lay the nicest pattern of 38 parts in the game  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2007, 01:12:46 PM »
Originally posted by Shuffler
Best stick I have seen is Corkyjr... he can lay the nicest pattern of 38 parts in the game  :aok

I do a better job crashlanding. And yes, thats a challenge!! :)
21 is only half the truth.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2007, 02:06:34 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
1.  Find a furball, get higher than everyone else in the furball, stay at the friendly edge of the furball and pick the engaged.  
2.  Find a cv close to shore, make sure green has a good cap, vulch Il2's until ammo runs out rtb and rinse and repeat.
Not hard to do!
I played picker a few nights ago and landed 14, 30, 14, 16, and 10 all in one evening! 84 kills 5 sorties no deaths.  It is very easy to do!  100 kills no deaths is not rocket science, it's called flying timid/ganging/cherrypicking/vulching!:aok

LOL funny. . I have to admit, I would have gotten bored after the first couple of runs.  That may be why I won't be getting 100 straight again unless by happenstance like the first time.  Still, 84 is not 100, no cigar for you.

I had the rare chance to fly on the weekend last Sat/Sun.  It seemed like there was a ton of seals to club... they were everywhere.  Is this normal for the weekend?

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2007, 02:54:13 PM »
One hundred kills without a death is easy.  Now try 400 kills in a P-40B without a death... in ten minutes.

You know you want to try!

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline 1895

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
      • http://raf315.org
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2007, 03:54:58 PM »
I read this a couple of days ago and kind of chuckled.  This is the canned statement regarding kill streaks.  TC claims this but ask him how many 100 kill streaks he has put together and he will have to answer 0.  It's not that he lacks skill, he's a good stick and equally good guy, it's just that it's not easy to do and he's never done it, he's wrong.
Tallying 100 kills in the MA takes some skill, that's a lot of kills.  Very few noobs could stroll in and tally 100 kills in a month without some significant playing time. Tallying 100 kills along with no deaths, bails, or ditches requires quite a bit more skill.
 Would it take an ace?  No, but it would require at least an average amount of skill and some pretty decent SA, along with the desire to enter each of many fights with an eye towards surviving(mindset). Many if not most of us routinely do this for most flights, but not all. Think about it, it's not necessarily the first thought in your mind but it would be nice to get a few good kills/fights and live to tell about it. Surviving may not be a priority, but it's on everyone's mind, usually.  If it weren't everyone would HO and ram on the deck(not bothering to climb out at all) and up again.  

OTOH, Sometimes we just don't care about whether we live or not, sometimes we just want a good fight or want to kill/accomplish someone/something specific.

A 100 kill streak also requires at least one more important factor:   a significant amount of luck.  I'm talking plain old dumb luck and plenty of it. Again, think about all the hazards of the MA on any given flight: puff the magic ack, the golden BB on a fast merge or from some guy 1000 behind you.. maybe stalling under you, all the Ho's you have to dodge, collision w/ a damaged, erratic plane, pup-up trees, a train you didn't see, 999000's tail gun (grin), CTD's, internet interrruption, server burps,  a warping buff formation, compression at the worst moment, ripped off wings/parts,  killshooter!(cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria).

I think my point is clear:  It may not take the best stick to get 100 straight kills, but it's not easy.

When I get my account reactivated, watch me go and do that. It also lists the disco's which can be classed as not counting

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2007, 04:40:39 PM »
LOL funny. . I have to admit, I would have gotten bored after the first couple of runs.  That may be why I won't be getting 100 straight again unless by happenstance like the first time.  Still, 84 is not 100, no cigar for you.

I had the rare chance to fly on the weekend last Sat/Sun.  It seemed like there was a ton of seals to club... they were everywhere.  Is this normal for the weekend?

It's par for the course now, bro!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2007, 04:44:56 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
One hundred kills without a death is easy.  Now try 400 kills in a P-40B without a death... in ten minutes.

You know you want to try!

-- Todd/Leviathn

Are they still running those "I want to be like Todd" commercials?  hee hee
Haven't seen you on in a long time, bro!  Hope all is well with you!  
Mark

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2007, 04:47:12 PM »
I've been tryin that Levi, just cant get any squaddies to play along...how you do it?  :D
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2007, 04:50:30 PM »
Originally posted by Krypto
When I get my account reactivated, watch me go and do that. It also lists the disco's which can be classed as not counting

Sorry.. disco's count. It's part of the luck factor.  :)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2007, 04:52:01 PM »
Originally posted by killnu
I've been tryin that Levi, just cant get any squaddies to play along...how you do it?  :D

You got the wrong Squaddies .
21 is only half the truth.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2007, 04:53:17 PM »
tell me about it.:mad:
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
Who Iz Ka1e??
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2007, 10:09:35 PM »
yea skyrock i have pretty much mastered the spit 16 and all the spits but i am also very good in a 109-f,yak,nik,la and im getting better in the f4u's since ive been practicing a lot with them. but i know i can hold my own in any plane and if u ever want to DA in 38's p47's or f4u's just ask me and i will.
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-