Author Topic: Laptop for AH2?  (Read 187 times)

Offline tce2506

• Copper Member
Laptop for AH2?
« on: February 03, 2007, 09:26:14 PM »
Hey guys, tax time is here and it looks like I'll be able to upgrade to a rig that will actually handle AH2 beyond 10 fps. I would like to get a laptop, but can a laptop handle it? IF so, do you have any suggestions? I'm really not caught up with laptop performance at all. When I get then new macjhine I'll be able to fly again, it will be nice to see the game in hi-res and not see a slide show when I get into a fight! Thanks for any help!

TCE

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Laptop for AH2?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 11:50:49 PM »
for what you will pay for a good laptop to play AH2 on, you could get a screamin desktop. your choice.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Laptop for AH2?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 12:03:12 AM »
the only laptops I would recommend that will game deciently is the Alienware stuff ... but boy they can set ya back the cost of two screaming desktops in price.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Casper1

• Nickel Member
Laptop for AH2?
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 04:55:56 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
the only laptops I would recommend that will game deciently is the Alienware stuff ... but boy they can set ya back the cost of two screaming desktops in price.

only need that alienware stuff if you want to run the game at max everything.  A Dell XPS mid range could get you comfortable with AH i think.

Just look for 2 GB RAM, 1.6GHz plus CPU, fast HDD, and a standalone vid card (not shared memory).  SHould be good to go :P.

Offline tce2506

• Copper Member
Laptop for AH2?
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 09:43:38 PM »
thanks guys, looks like I've got about $1400 to play with so I guess I'll go the desktop route. Now just gotta get the best bang for my buck.