Author Topic: Eny / Perk Cost Math add/subtract is off?  (Read 264 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Eny / Perk Cost Math add/subtract is off?
« on: February 05, 2007, 10:17:47 AM »
upon taking off in a F4U-1C the cost was 14 perk points, I fly around get 7 kills, 2 B-24s, a P47N, a Spit9, an F4U-1, A P51D, a Ki-84, and a FW190......the F4U-1C 's ENY value is 5,  when I get shot down by a P47N( 1 of 3 on me) I return to Hangar to find out the F4U-1C had cost me a total of 15.96 Perks , and I could take off again in it for 13 Perks.......

this is not adding up!

it cost 14 perks at time of take off
when I was shotdown with 7 kills, it costed me 15.96 perks, but was showing a cost of 13 perks on the plane selection screen at the same time.......

WEIRD...........this was in the LW Blue Arena........

edited: btw I bailed out  instead of actually crashing also.......
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 10:21:49 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 11:49:12 AM »
ok, according to the ENY values of the planes you got:

.25 for the B24's
1 for the P47N
.25 for the Spit 9
.2 for the F4u1
.625 for the Pony D
.33 for the Ki84
.33 for the 190D

for a grand total of: 3.241

now that is granted the perk multiplier was even flat 1.00 which it almost never is.

with the low arena numbers in the time you pick the plane to the time you roll 1 or 2 people can pop in to the arena and change the cost of a plane easily. the only way to assure the cost is to refresh the arena roster manually, then take off as fast as possible (though theoretically it is possibly in that 1/10 of a second or whatever someone could join the arena too)

anyway, I don't know the perk multiplier in that case, and you didn't say if you were captured, or not so I can only assume...

lets say captured, and the perk multiplier was .9 just to use some simple numbers

you would get 1.66 perks for that sortie.

if the perk multiplier was .8 you'd only 1.03 so you can see how fast the total perks for the sortie can change.

it is not possible for a math formula hard coded into the server to work some times and others not, if you think the math formula is not working properly, you need to film it and send it in.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 12:50:39 PM »
Originally posted by Mustaine
ok, according to the ENY values of the planes you got:

.25 for the B24's
1 for the P47N
.25 for the Spit 9
.2 for the F4u1
.625 for the Pony D
.33 for the Ki84
.33 for the 190D

for a grand total of: 3.241

now that is granted the perk multiplier was even flat 1.00 which it almost never is.

with the low arena numbers in the time you pick the plane to the time you roll 1 or 2 people can pop in to the arena and change the cost of a plane easily. the only way to assure the cost is to refresh the arena roster manually, then take off as fast as possible (though theoretically it is possibly in that 1/10 of a second or whatever someone could join the arena too)

anyway, I don't know the perk multiplier in that case, and you didn't say if you were captured, or not so I can only assume...

lets say captured, and the perk multiplier was .9 just to use some simple numbers

you would get 1.66 perks for that sortie.

if the perk multiplier was .8 you'd only 1.03 so you can see how fast the total perks for the sortie can change.

it is not possible for a math formula hard coded into the server to work some times and others not, if you think the math formula is not working properly, you need to film it and send it in.

filming it would not work, only way to record these things is to take snap/screen shots as the clipboard, hanagr/roster etc do not show up in a film

the multiplier was at 1.03 then 1.06 btw......

really doesnt matter to me, because I seldom if ever check it, just seemed odd when I went back to the hangar to take off and noticed -15.96 when I had 7 kills, where I bailed ( not captured ) and the F4U1C was showing cost 13 perks  and was 14 when I originally took off......

no worries........
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 01:22:56 PM »
When you take a perk plane, and LOSE a perk plane, it adds the perks you earned while you had it to the total lost when you lost it.

It's been this way for years. Same for Tigr, Tempest, and all other perk rides.

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
the same, lame stuff again....
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 04:02:30 PM »
...have been said by skuzzy...:D

The "so called" perk system sucks all the time.
That doesīnt make rights to no-one. Itīs just a stimulus for all players to earn/consume more perks.
It has nothing to do with simulation concerning to realism.

Please!!! Give us a fixed perk-point system!!!

Everyone knows, what is  to be given and what is to be winned.

Fair Play.

That is not too much to given from HTC!
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-