Author Topic: A GV question  (Read 2108 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
A GV question
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 01:37:04 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
The resulting effects are actually quite different when comparing GVs and planes. We do not talk about tracked / engineless tanks. A tank still driving and shooting has apparently no damage at all.

Most strafing attacks on GVs donīt do any kind of damage. I have flown hundreds of Il2 strafing attacks vs GVs. There are countless instances where I failed to hurt a T34 or Tiger with my guns. The tank is still driving, still shooting and still has itīs tracks. A friendly tank finally engages the enemy, manages to kill it and - I got the kill credit. Without doing damage. I even got kills vs Tigers in pure MG armed fighters. I donīt think that this is fair.

And that is why I donīt strafe enemy tanks any more in presence of friendly tanks unless I have a decent chance to hurt them (Il-2 vs panzer IV ect.)

Same.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
A GV question
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 01:42:33 PM »
Only reason I chimed in was the example of 1000 .303's was incorrect in assuming that 1000 hit sprits on a tank in any way means 1000 rounds worth of damage was done.

The resulting effects are actually quite different when comparing GVs and planes. We do not talk about tracked / engineless tanks. A tank still driving and shooting has apparently no damage at all.

Sounds pretty much the same as a plane that has no appearent damage, but you shoot it down and get an assist for it.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
A GV question
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 01:46:36 PM »
Yes but you can't pump a fully loaded 110 in an ac and get no visual clues.
:D

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
A GV question
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 01:54:27 PM »
Originally posted by Murdr
Only reason I chimed in was the example of 1000 .303's was incorrect in assuming that 1000 hit sprits on a tank in any way means 1000 rounds worth of damage was done.

Sounds pretty much the same as a plane that has no appearent damage, but you shoot it down and get an assist for it.

You can damage a lot of components in a plane. Pilot, Guns, you can weaken the structure. And not any of that is visible.

We donīt have all that  with GVs. When Tracks, engine & turret are stil fine, there is no damage at all. And no accumulation of .303 hits on a Tigerīs hull should result in a kill credit when another tank finally manages to kill that very Tiger.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
A GV question
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 02:03:04 PM »
Ahh, I know why this happens.  It's the tracks.  They are a damageable component and can soak up a large quantity of damage from light cannon and MG which unbalances the kill awarding.  I'll have to see if there's a way that HT can alter the awarding of GV kills to take that into account.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
A GV question
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 02:03:55 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
And no accumulation of .303 hits on a Tigerīs hull should result in a kill credit when another tank finally manages to kill that very Tiger.
.303's should not be able to accumulate any damage off a tiger hull, except for the turrent mg.

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
A GV question
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 02:05:43 PM »

If you hit plane with 1x7mm you do small hole and weaken structure a bit. If you hit tiger front armor with 1x7mm (12,20,30mm no matter) you do nothing at all. You dont ever deserve assist for it.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
A GV question
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 02:05:43 PM »
Percentage bonus for crew compartment penetrations maybe?

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
A GV question
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 02:06:48 PM »
btw, not so long time ago we can kill panzer with 12mm :rolleyes:
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
A GV question
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 02:10:45 PM »
Yes , and I've noticed Straffing of GV's is starting to run rampant in the arenas now. rather than up a heavy a lot of players will just straffe the GV's with their planes hoping to steal the kill from their countrymen who are in Gv's or someone who actually has Ord. Pretty much sickens me to see this specially when I get bombed in my GV by enemy aircraft while they are doing it.
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
A GV question
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2007, 02:10:53 PM »
Originally posted by Pyro
Ahh, I know why this happens.  It's the tracks.  They are a damageable component and can soak up a large quantity of damage from light cannon and MG which unbalances the kill awarding.  I'll have to see if there's a way that HT can alter the awarding of GV kills to take that into account.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

TY Pyro.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
A GV question
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2007, 02:11:53 PM »
That's what Ive been saying.  There are parts on the tanks that absorb damage from gun fire.  Do you guys think Im freaking stupid?  Tried to tell you guys that if you hit the freaking armor it wont score damage if it fails the penetration model.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
A GV question
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2007, 02:15:45 PM »
Murdr, it was never about "actual" damage but who got the kill credit. I always knew the MGs dont do real damage, but they got you the "kill".

But anyway, it now seems the problem my see a fix in the future. TY Pyro! :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
A GV question
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2007, 02:20:34 PM »
That's what Ive been saying.  There are parts on the tanks that absorb damage from gun fire.  Do you guys think Im freaking stupid?  Tried to tell you guys that if you hit the freaking armor it wont score damage if it fails the penetration model.

No murdr ,I think you just missed what we were getting on about.
See Lusche's post.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
A GV question
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2007, 02:37:54 PM »
No I did not miss what you were talking about.  I chimed in to correct an incorrect statment that had absolutely nothing to do with you, and you chose to pick at my accurate post.