Author Topic: Graphics problem  (Read 396 times)

Offline Zeb

• Zinc Member
Graphics problem
« on: October 07, 2001, 01:54:00 PM »
I am getting random white flashes.  Happens in the arena and to some extent also in the menus.  I seemed to get this effect when I upgraded to a Geforce256 Ultra.  However it has got a lot worse with the new patch.  I have tried all settings I can think of as well as the latest Nvidea drivers.  Getting short of ideas. Anyone?

Zeb

Offline TheFox

• Copper Member
      • http://www.fox-photography.co.uk
Graphics problem
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2001, 04:08:00 PM »
Hi Zeb

I used the GeForceTweakUtility and set it to Fast Settings default with my Elsa Gladiac MX and also downloaded latest drivers 12.10. That along with DX8.0a seemed to stop all the flashing problems I had.

Regards  :)   ;)   :)

Offline Zeb

• Zinc Member
Graphics problem
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2001, 06:39:00 PM »
Thank's Fox, I tried all that and no luck it's still exactly the same.  Last night drove me mad with all the flashing.  It gets worse if there is cloud around.  I had the latest drivers, but dropped back to the ones you suggested, just in case.  I run a lot of things on this machine and I must admit AH is the only one that seems to be giving me graphics problems.  This hardware cost me a fortune so I am not about to do an "all change" again just because of the problems here.  I will be back after the next upgrade :-(

Zeb

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Graphics problem
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2001, 07:33:00 AM »
1.  Ensure you have not disabled v-synch.
2.  Try going into your video setup and limiting your framerate.

Offline Zeb

• Zinc Member
Graphics problem
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2001, 11:05:00 AM »
Thanks, tried those and no luck.  Seem to reduced it a lot but not got rid of it.  Now running DirectX 8.1 rc2 and Detonator 21.85 which are beta.  But it's still hit and miss.
It seems to get worse when the sun is visiable as well.  I would blame the graphics card and bin it, but it works ok with everything else.

Zeb