Author Topic: Why do I suck?  (Read 955 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Why do I suck?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 11:30:16 AM »
And Sincraft -- the one thing I regret about my first year in AH is that I tried way too much to do it on my own, to figure things out and "beat" the game the way you might approach a boxed game.

Going to a trainer here is NOT like getting the "cheat guide" from the game store. It's more like getting time with the coach between games.

I wish that I had gotten into a real learning cycle -- where I have a session, learn some stuff, and try to get it working in game for a couple weeks. Then, do it again.

Trainers -- see them early, and see them often!
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Why do I suck?
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 12:19:56 PM »
and find your wife, girlfriend, significant other, a nice inexpensive hobby on the side.  Nothing is quite so frustrating as working a position on a con and hear 'oooh honey look at that'.  It only takes a moments distraction to turn you into a burning, spinning, cursing, statistic ;)

On a serious note you've heard from some of the best people in game so far.  If you see me in the TA an you're not with a trainer give me a shout.  I'm a relative noob myself but I'll be happy to pass on information I have to anyone.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
Why do I suck?
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 11:56:14 PM »
Well someone responded to me already and I'm going to see what I can do as his schedule is mostly weekdays only, alas I'm working my arse off to pay the bills, my expensive hobbies, house/truck yada yada  so that may be a problem.  BUT , there are always those days were I have nothing going on and would love to divert my attentions to this game er um simulation :)

I had more fun tonight.  Was taking off from a Aircraft Carrier in a 18 point plane.  NO rear view however.   Vulched a few things and killed a bomber or two.  

On the one time I was ready to come in after bingo ammo, I didn't watch that my fuel was almost consumed.  I hurried to the carrier that has now run because of an enemy CV coming in...and JUST about 500 m before landing, ON approach low and slow....I ran out of fuel.

It would have been a 2 kill sorte with my first landing attempt on a boat.  I had my flaps, gear and arrestor hook DOWN and was READY...alas it was not to be!

ALSO I took out a PT boat.  Apparently a 109 with cannons can kill this boat .  Not just crew members, the ENTIRE boat in one spray.

Yikes.  I was enjoying learning that, and man does that thing zoom around nicely.  Very fun.

Yea, game is addicting.  I am afraid what will happen if they add anything more.  

I still haven't played around with bombing.  I LOVED to bomb in my other sim, and there was much debate on their planes because of their lame loadouts and the fact that you couldnt score hits from above 2 or 3k untli they programmed it in the game.

Anyway thanks for the words of encouragement and tips.  I'm learning more every day that I fly and landing hits.

I was a bit discouraged tonight when flying my 18 point plane, whatever it was...f4u?   Anyway.  I sprayed into a spit like 5 times HARD and he FINALLY nosed into the ground just from the fear of all the bullets hitting him , trying to super manuever out of my deadlock I had on him.  What a lame kill :(  Didn't touch the conv on this plane, not sure if it was set to a point or ...if the ammo was just lame but, I was having issues.

Anyway - see you up...and thanks again. :)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Why do I suck?
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 12:16:51 AM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
Nothing is quite so frustrating as working a position on a con and hear 'oooh honey look at that'.  It only takes a moments distraction to turn you into a burning, spinning, cursing, statistic ;)

No ****!

Tonight I had 8 racked up in a P47 and some moron comes and tries to nag me over my shoulder (not GF/Wife or anything) and the moment they distract me a flak rips my wing off.