Author Topic: Navalized C-47  (Read 459 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Navalized C-47
« on: March 12, 2007, 09:20:36 PM »
Anyone know of any references for C-47s under Navy/USMC service? There WERE Goons used by the Navy during WWII, under the designator R4D but can't really find any photos.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Navalized C-47
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 11:02:38 PM »
So far the only period image I could find of anything purporting to be a Navy-marked is this one here. Unfortunately it's HARDLY very useful:

Still searching, as I think it'd be interesting and a little bit of a change to have some USN/MC-marked C-47s against all the D-day Goon skins floating around.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Navalized C-47
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 12:16:30 AM »
I agree. Skin variety spices up an otherwise mostly-unpleasant-mission.

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
Navalized C-47
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 01:49:19 AM »
How 'bout this one.  Also, there is already a tri-color Navy/Marine R4D in the game.  I think this was Naval Air Transport Command with a white fuselage and blue on top.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Navalized C-47
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 07:13:01 AM »
Any photos showing that bird in use during the war? 'Cause you KNOW that's what they're going to want to see.

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
Navalized C-47
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 09:15:11 AM »
Originally posted by Saxman
Any photos showing that bird in use during the war? 'Cause you KNOW that's what they're going to want to see.

Actually did some research on this one way back when I first got interested in skinning.  Short answer is "Yes".  I'd have to do some digging on Google to find where I got this picture.  I think I started with R4D/C-47 searches and then went from there.