Author Topic: zeke killin  (Read 930 times)

Offline rauchen

• Zinc Member
zeke killin
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 04:26:46 PM »
As with any plane that gives you fits, my advice is to fly it & see what you hate about it.  Then put the nme in that position.

Flying the A6M5? - I hate watching someone I lit up fly off with a 50mph advantage, or watch a slow 190 outroll me, split S and get out of cannon range.

When I fly a Zeke I like to pair up with a P-51 or something fast - then if the nme goes runnerthe 51 can chase him down & make him turn.

Offline Coronado

• Nickel Member
zeke killin
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 08:47:24 PM »
lol..b n z a zeke... that's good...  due to the extreme vulnerability to the HO, that's what i see most of.. weak armor is a well known weakness and most goobs prefer that tactic first..if they wanna b n z  your zeke.. run to the canyons...let the games begin.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
zeke killin
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 09:06:03 PM »
IF you know what a zeke can do performance/turning wise , and you know what your plane of choice can do performance/turning wise, you can beat a zeke, even if you are turning with one.  The idea is to turn out of plane with it, do not fight a 1 circle turn fight....when turning sometimes it is better to go wide in a turn revolution to let the quicker turning zeke become offset with you and pop out infront of your guns.........think about it like this, take 2 quarters lay them on top of each other, now both you and the zeke enter the turn from the bottom of the coin, as you come around the right side of it(turning left) take the top coin and slide it to the right about 1/2 the diameter of the lower quarter, the bottom coin is the zeke's turning circle while the  top quarter is your turning circle....the key ingredient to this 2 circle fight is TIMING, time the offset wrong and you are the prey/not the zeke!!! ..with that said, anything more than 3 to 4 turns and you going to get eat alive for the most part, if the zeke pile-it is any ounce of decent....( 1/2 the turn circle diameter is just for reference/example, it is dependent on the plane type match-up and could vary by 1/8th over lap to  2 full individual turn circles.)

geometery, geometery, geometery.........( unless the zeke is  a skilled flyer then anything is up for grabs )

do a search for 1 circle vs 2 circle fight / or ACM.......
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 09:08:20 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline aerosaber

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tampapi.com
Zeke Lover
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 11:40:08 AM »
"My little hero, the Japanese Zero"

I love to fly the M5 and occasionally take up an M2 just for fun. I'm not an expert but have learned some things about this aircraft.

Pick your fights. I usually work the outside of a big furball and work "in the mud" (Down Low). I watch for the B&Z pilots that are all out of Zoom.  They will fly out of the furball under you attempting to extend. I roll down on them and that’s that.

The fact that its fragile adds to pilot  survivability. I know I'm in a paper airplane. When it catches fire, or sustains a serious hit I'm in the silk. No limping home for the Zeke. If you have a fuel leak the gas is pouring out.

The best thing about the Zeke was already mentioned. Many pilots think its a piece of junk and don’t respect it. Many kills of an La or Pony will get you a 200 message saying it was a lucky shot.

You work for your kills in this bird. No flying through a furball with 600 rounds of cannon ammo. My convergence is set at 200. Most of my kills are below that range. My machine gun is rifle ammo, so I need to do the damage with my cannons.

SABER208  ArcAngels 208th Combat Grp  The ArcAngels Website
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 11:42:26 AM by aerosaber »