Author Topic: Does anyone have a film showing a vertical scissors?  (Read 400 times)

Offline WOZ30BAT

• Zinc Member
Does anyone have a film showing a vertical scissors?
« on: February 12, 2007, 04:26:11 PM »
I'm not keen on physics but it seems like WW2 A/C did not have the horsepower to do it (@ least not going up unless they had dove first from alt) I guess I could see one happening spiraling down, but that could get both killed if any others fromboth countries are around.
IN Game: Sidious

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 12:31:38 AM »
WOZ30BAT,
I am positive I have  more than a bushel of em on my DVD-R archived films.....I'll gander thru them soon as I can and see if I can not resurrect a cple,  and find someone to post them or can zip em and email them to ya..... unless someone beats me to it.......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 12:51:21 AM »
They dont really have the horsepower to do it ... in the sense of getting more then 2 vertical loops  , the tighter the loops (more vertical) the faster you lose E .
Turn on trail at the 1st murge  , this is pritty close to vertical scissors as for were bolth still in the vertical .  my spit 5 stalls out at the 2nd and i have to flap N rudder it to get it outta the way .
http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/301_1171405374_roospit_vs_lambo.zip
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 06:39:21 AM »
As Roscoroo mentions, you're not going to get but one or two "scissors" passes going up.  It's a very common result of an immelman merge, it just doesn't last long.  On the other hand a diving scissors is not uncommon and can go on for quite a while.  The biggest problem in this sort of scissors is letting speed get out of hand.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF