Author Topic: Lockups with Patch 6.  (Read 350 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Lockups with Patch 6.
« on: November 29, 2001, 07:33:00 PM »
Locking up with patch 6 and/or the new Uterus map.  No lockups with patch 5 and/or the old Uterus map.  Obviously this new patch has brought out some kind of problem with my computer, since it can't be a problem with the patch.  All drivers are as current as I can make them (sound card driver is pretty old..... but it worked just dandy with Patch 5), Direct X 8.0a, Athlon 900Mhz,256mb Ram, Geforce 2MX.  All worked well before in patch 5 (although my computer was locking up before they released a different version of Baltic, once they released the new version the lockups stopped).

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Lockups with Patch 6.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2001, 01:44:00 PM »
1.  Are you running Zone Alarm or another firewall type program?  If so, have you set it to allow access properly?

2.  I've seen a few problems lately when new terrains come down via the auto-updater, likely due to network hiccups during the transfer.  When in doubt, delete the terrain from the terrains folder in AH and grab a fresh tasty copy from the web page downloads section.  That often fixes terrain issues.  If you can't get it to come down properly, ping me via email and I'll post a copy of mine for you to grab.

Offline Ed561

• Zinc Member
Lockups with Patch 6.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2001, 07:20:00 PM »
In my case, somehow the ZA settings were changed during the update process.  I dont quite know how.  But in any case, RECHECK your firewall settings, they may have been changed by the update somehow.

Ed561