Author Topic: Very Convinient Warping  (Read 404 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Very Convinient Warping
« on: February 15, 2007, 04:15:25 PM »
While I havnt seen an Spixteens lately, I have seen a LOT of people warping in the most convinent times and ways. And ive recorded it. I just need to know a place to host the films so I can share with the community. Never has this warping coast me a life, but it has cost me many kills. Ive actually recorded B-24s jumping 100 feet to the left anytime I fired my guns. B-24s warping directly behind me and then firing from behind. Many strange things. I just need a site to host the evidence ;) Anyone know any good ones?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Very Convinient Warping
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 04:17:54 PM »
Originally posted by Serenity
While I havnt seen an Spixteens lately, I have seen a LOT of people warping in the most convinent times and ways. And ive recorded it. I just need to know a place to host the films so I can share with the community. Never has this warping coast me a life, but it has cost me many kills. Ive actually recorded B-24s jumping 100 feet to the left anytime I fired my guns. B-24s warping directly behind me and then firing from behind. Many strange things. I just need a site to host the evidence ;) Anyone know any good ones?

E-mail it to HTC and leave any implications of the "C" word off the boards is your best bet.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Very Convinient Warping
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 04:20:13 PM »
If you thik you have stumbled across a legitimate "concearn" I recommend the well know/seldom used tactic of sending any info/films of questionable nature to: support@hitechcreations.

If your just looking for a public forum to post a video with your own opinion/naration, I hear youtube.com can be of service.

And oh yea.....................IN
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Very Convinient Warping
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 04:23:24 PM »
as for not seeing any spixteens, clearly you must have been flying in one of the non-LW arenas. Trust me- there hasnt been nor will there be, any decrease in simpfire16s.
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Very Convinient Warping
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 04:35:52 PM »
<--- Starts countINg the seconds down.....
21 is only half the truth.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Very Convinient Warping
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 04:41:29 PM »
If you've seen "Alot" of warping, you might want to check your net status and make sure it's not you.

Anything else, as said before, should be sent to HTC, they frown on these types of accusations.

Advice, take it or leave it as you see fit :)
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Very Convinient Warping
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 05:04:57 PM »
I suspect what you are experiencing are connection and throughput related rather than intentional acts.  I've not seen any posts about a "warping" hack like there are "aimbot" hacks in some online games (and why I've stopped playing BF2 and 2142 lately).

You fire, they jump.  When you fire you are creating lots of data as to the number and characteristics of your rounds and tracers (if applicable),, and all that information getting transmitted.

Use of a dial-up connection (the bane of all online play), poor connections, lots of items running in the background taking up resources (un-needed or spyware/adware, ping attacks or other hack attempts), or very low memory (thus needing more calls to hard drive space, which is slower in general) on either your, or the other guy's, system could be some of the reasons you see this "warping".  Even a highly fragmented hard drive could be at fault.

Do intentional warps happen... I'm sure they do, but if they happen at the moment I fire at a guy, I'm betting it's related to throughput more than anything intentional.  It's frustrating.... especially when they suddenly warp to YOUR OWN six..... but it's part of on-line play.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Very Convinient Warping
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 05:07:49 PM »
What is warpIN?
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
Very Convinient Warping
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 05:11:08 PM »
Never met a warper I didn't eventually kill.

That said, I've seen a lot of general warping in busy sectors over the last few days and I chose to believe that anyone that is a threat to me in the MA will not stoop to such things if they are possible...........

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Very Convinient Warping
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 05:11:44 PM »
i've had somenone in front of me only for them dissapear and reappear right on my six, happened multiple times last month. Had another that only warped when i pulled the trigger, that went on for 3 to 4 mins before i gave up. thats the only one i thought was suspect.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 05:14:05 PM by whiteman »

Offline RTGorkle

• Copper Member
Re: Very Convinient Warping
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 05:18:05 PM »
Originally posted by Serenity
I just need to know a place to host the films so I can share with the community.

Why don't you ask the community if they give a crap before you starting try to share.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Very Convinient Warping
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 05:23:09 PM »
this is such an  INfantile game  :D

Offline yayyyy

• Nickel Member
Very Convinient Warping
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 05:52:59 PM »
im special.....yayyyy

Offline UdieNow

• Nickel Member
      • The Few Website
Very Convinient Warping
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 05:53:36 PM »
5 or more planes = warpINg for me

but thats just 'cause my low end system:rolleyes:

<>
Flying as: Timber43

Proud member of " The Few "
Geif N00k Plx!

Geif N00k Plx!

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Very Convinient Warping
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 06:04:03 PM »
Originally posted by tedrbr
I suspect what you are experiencing are connection and throughput related rather than intentional acts.  I've not seen any posts about a "warping" hack like there are "aimbot" hacks in some online games (and why I've stopped playing BF2 and 2142 lately).

You fire, they jump.  When you fire you are creating lots of data as to the number and characteristics of your rounds and tracers (if applicable),, and all that information getting transmitted.

Use of a dial-up connection (the bane of all online play), poor connections, lots of items running in the background taking up resources (un-needed or spyware/adware, ping attacks or other hack attempts), or very low memory (thus needing more calls to hard drive space, which is slower in general) on either your, or the other guy's, system could be some of the reasons you see this "warping".  Even a highly fragmented hard drive could be at fault.

Do intentional warps happen... I'm sure they do, but if they happen at the moment I fire at a guy, I'm betting it's related to throughput more than anything intentional.  It's frustrating.... especially when they suddenly warp to YOUR OWN six..... but it's part of on-line play.

Can sound also cuase warping, IE big explosions or perhaps firing of guns?