Author Topic: how much is to much?  (Read 846 times)

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
how much is to much?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 08:54:38 PM »
Originally posted by KINGcobra
lol every on that has said somthing is rook

Country Kills As Kills Of
Bishop 21 31
Knight 11 40
Rook 56 17

I wouldn't say I'm only rooks :aok  and I never heard of Tunes until you mentioned him. Seems you are just :cry  on the boards about the perceived injustice done to you :D

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
how much is to much?
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 09:03:05 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
SkyRock<--owns Tunes
SkyRock<--owns Tunes2
SkyRock<--owns Tunes3
SkyRock<--owns Tunes4

:D

SkyRock<--owns ego
:D

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
how much is to much?
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2007, 09:16:57 PM »
Out of curiosity I just checked the stats. During the last 2 months, I got 66 kills vs 1 death against the tunes collective. This game does need more players of that kind!  ;)

(The trick is to guess which bomber he is currently not manning :D )
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
how much is to much?
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2007, 10:04:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure that tunes is a squad...MW I believe. The 1,2,3,4 are tunes squaddies.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
how much is to much?
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 10:04:33 PM »
:rofl Sucks for that guy.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline wojo71

• Copper Member
how much is to much?
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 10:10:55 PM »
A one man airforce WTG !:aok
LTARwojo        
Proud father of a U.S. Marine....Proud grandson of Lt Col Hamel Goodin (ret)   B-17 pilot. 305th BG /364th SQD

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
how much is to much?
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 12:57:13 AM »
Second what tinman said.

I saw 3 formations of lancs one time nicely seperated.  

My Typhoon pleaded with me to kill every last one of them.  I couldnt deny her willingness to get all over them.  Think one drone was left.  My only complaint is I've seen him have some weird lag going on if he is using the same router or connection on 4 different accounts I think thats a bit off.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
how much is to much?
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 01:16:51 AM »
Tunes has done this for ages. He takes off 3 (now 4 apparently) sets of bombers for a target scattered. He leaves them and sets them in order to reach the target staggered. Then he bombs lead, ejects. Bombs second, ejects. Bombs third, ejects, and now with a fourth (news to me) I'm guessing he bombs the fourth and ejects.

He's all the same guy. I don't care if he's put his clones in a squad, that's just more lameness.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
how much is to much?
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007, 02:45:00 AM »
I have many accounts

Raptor
Raptor01
Raptor2
Raptor9
Raptor36
Raptor69
and LTARraptr for all my GV needs

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
how much is to much?
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2007, 02:52:29 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Tunes has done this for ages. He takes off 3 (now 4 apparently) sets of bombers for a target scattered. He leaves them and sets them in order to reach the target staggered. Then he bombs lead, ejects. Bombs second, ejects. Bombs third, ejects, and now with a fourth (news to me) I'm guessing he bombs the fourth and ejects.

He's all the same guy. I don't care if he's put his clones in a squad, that's just more lameness.

All same guy, but I and others have tried to cover his planes on their way out from target so he can try and land his kills.  

He does not automatically bail on his runs, so posting that is definitely incorrect.  He tends to run Lancs often, and his flights get shot down more than anything.

Quick look at scores from tour 86 for tunes 1-4 combined:

Kills...........167
Assists........13
Sorties.....1877
Landed.....262 - 14%
Bail...........727
Ditch...........23
Captured....177
Death.......668 - 36%
Disco..........12

Bombers rank between 271 and 368 --- so he hits his targets.

Now, there are a number of bails there.... damaged airplanes (Lancs have weak defense), jump to another, no opposition, trying to get back in the air faster to support squadron operations elsewhere on the map.  Many reasons.

Even so, the argument has been made elsewhere that buff drivers really don't need perk points.  Most don't fly the Arado.  Why bother running a bomber all the way back to land unless you've kills to land, when you can bail and get back into the air all that much faster?  No worse than most activities found in the game.

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
how much is to much?
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2007, 03:24:06 AM »
When I used to fly rook I saw the tunes crew a lot. I never knew it was the same person. At the time, I thought they were all very courteous and polite. So I now will extend that classification to just the one dude...if he wants to pay the money, let him have his fun, he's a nice guy about it at least.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
how much is to much?
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2007, 05:06:01 AM »
He's not gaming the game, he's not padding his or anyone elses score. He's not using 3 accounts to monitor/spy on all 3 country's.

WTF is the problem?

He has a healthy investment in computers, at minimum your looking at 4 x 600$ or more sometime in the last 2 years.  Plus the 15$ x 4 for the AH accounts, not to mention internet.

If he's a bomber pilot and enjoys switching between 3 lancs & a c-47 more power to him. Hes really not hurting anyone else in any way.  

Its not like 3 guys in bomber interceptors couldn't shut him down cold for any given run.

Now if we could just get a bunch more like him to come Knight.  :)