Author Topic: F4u and Hellcats  (Read 616 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
F4u and Hellcats
« on: February 14, 2007, 08:48:29 AM »
i sumtimes fly Corsair and Hellcats, but those planes don't have a real great view at their 6'. and when i say "real great" i mean NONE at all. i was once flying a sortie from a cv to take out a few ack and suddenly the sign said

you have been killed
bla bla has shot you down

i asked the Knights side wat happened and they said a player killed me. they also said that i was flying straight and level when they were 800m away.

can any1 tell me how find enemy in the back of those F4U and Hellcats?

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
F4u and Hellcats
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 09:06:01 AM »
Don't fly in a straight line for more than a few seconds.  Use periodic small turns and rolls so you can clear your six.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
F4u and Hellcats
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 09:37:32 AM »
Use your # keypad or your hat switch to get your 6 view to come up, then move arrow buttons and page up/down keys to get it where you can see out the 6 the best.  As you are holding that best view, reach up and hit F10 and it will save that best view to your #key or hat switch 6 position!
Hope it helps!
Mark:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
F4u and Hellcats
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 09:51:46 AM »
Look all around, all the time!

As said, adjust each direction to maximize visibility and save it by hitting F10 while looking that direction. After any lapse of attention be sure to look behind, below, and above by changing your plane's attitude so that you can scan the WHOLE sky. Also check your radar if it is available. The red dots are da badguys!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
F4u and Hellcats
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 07:26:17 PM »
hold your look back button (on joystick or on keyboard)

then press your right pointer key then Page up key, then F10,
(all while internal view if you havent done this already)

oops, looks like SkyRock has it!  sry bud
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
F4u and Hellcats
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 02:03:12 PM »
In real life, pilots typically flew in pairs between 300 and 600 yards apart so that each could watch behind the other's tail.  

In the game, even flying alone you should have little trouble if you adjust your "over the shoulder" views so that you aren't looking from "dead center" when you look over your shoulder.  (In the F4U anyway - the Hellcat seems much more difficult to see behind.)

As has been stated, rolls and an occasional S curve will let you check behind yourself.
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue