Author Topic: steer from bomb side  (Read 503 times)

Offline pentiun

• Zinc Member
steer from bomb side
« on: February 18, 2007, 06:30:33 PM »
To any one that can help me in this matter, the problem is the i can not steel (left or right) the plane from the bomb side, to make my adjustments before i drop, i can steer from any other gun position on the plane but for some reason not from the bomb side, when i used to do it before...

thank you......

Pentiun:(

Offline KG45

• Nickel Member
steer from bomb side
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 08:10:36 PM »
bomb side? :huh
all you fascists, you're bound to lose...

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
steer from bomb side
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 11:50:12 PM »
Make sure your bomb-bay doors are open, then calibrate the bombsight according to the instructions at the top left. After all text is green, you can steer with left and right deflection of your joystick.

While holding the Numpad 8 key down, use the arrows and Page Up/Page Down keys to get an unobstructed view out of the nose of the aircraft, then press F-10 to save it. You can now toggle that view with the 8 key while in the bombsight view and steer toward your target, zooming in (Z, then [ and ] keys) if necessary.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
steer from bomb side
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 02:07:01 AM »
Use your J and L keys to make small rudder adjustments.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
steer from bomb side
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 01:09:39 PM »
While in the gun positions rudder input will adjust your course left or right.
In the bombsite use left/right controller, joystick or mouse, movement to adjust the course.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
Re: steer from bomb side
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 03:50:05 PM »
Originally posted by pentiun
To any one that can help me in this matter, the problem is the i can not steel (left or right) the plane from the bomb side, to make my adjustments before i drop, i can steer from any other gun position on the plane but for some reason not from the bomb side, when i used to do it before...

thank you......

Pentiun:(

When you are in the Gunner Position you can steer the aircraft with just rudder. Because your joystick controls the gun

When in the bomb aiming position I usually use the Joystick to steer left or right and make adjustments on the bombing run. You may need to use large joystick movements. I have never tried to use rudder from this position so cannot advise if this is normally OK or not.

Edit:
I feel such a dork for not reading Fuseman properly first! At least it reinforces the view!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 03:57:27 PM by Blagard »

Offline pentiun

• Zinc Member
steer from bomb side
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 08:27:49 PM »
Thank you guys, i'll try all these ways .....

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
steer from bomb side
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 09:11:48 AM »
in the guns you use rudder to steer. in the bombsight you use left and right on the Joystick. Sounds like you may have been trying to use the rudder.

Offline pentiun

• Zinc Member
steer from bomb side
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 09:37:01 AM »
Thanks guys i all ready got working, after calibration i'm steering the bomber to the objective,, thank you from the heart guys,, good luck and good hunting, see you in the arena...:D

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Re: steer from bomb side
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 10:35:44 AM »
Originally posted by Blagard
When you are in the Gunner Position you can steer the aircraft with just rudder. Because your joystick controls the gun

When in the bomb aiming position I usually use the Joystick to steer left or right and make adjustments on the bombing run. You may need to use large joystick movements. I have never tried to use rudder from this position so cannot advise if this is normally OK or not.

Edit:
I feel such a dork for not reading Fuseman properly first! At least it reinforces the view!

Nobody ever reads my posts and if they do they usually get translated so don't feel bad.
Now if I had some ham I could have ham and eggs if I had the eggs.

Quite often I start talking like a bottle brush.

On the bombsite, careful with the corrections. As was mentioned if not lined up good you may need to make a large correction. This can induce a oscillation that can disrupt accurate bombing. Go easy on the corrections.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54