Author Topic: keys not working?  (Read 261 times)

Offline Celeborn

• Zinc Member
keys not working?
« on: February 27, 2007, 07:46:28 PM »
hello. I played AH as a trial a couple years ago and I just installed it again. I went to some offline training and got in a tank. I used the E key to start the engine, but the Q and W keys don't work to change gears. I remapped those functions to the view keys because I knew those where working, but still nothing. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
keys not working?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 08:14:35 PM »
clipboard-controls-mapcontrols- make sure u map gv controls to mode 2. Then check auto mode select.

NOT

AKNOT

Offline Celeborn

• Zinc Member
keys not working?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 08:53:10 PM »
Thanks, I'll try that.

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
keys not working?
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 09:48:19 PM »
Copy Mode 1 to Mode 2.

ESC (clipboard) Options -> Controllers -> Map Controllers -> near top of clipboard.

This has to be the number 1 issue regarding GV's in Help Channel in-game.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
keys not working?
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 05:32:35 AM »
Celeborn,

your question has pretty much already been answered. Ill clarify and add a little more info here:

The game interface changed a few patches ago. The controller now has 4 modes which can be selected. Mode1 preset for use with planes. Mode2 is preset for use with boats and vehicles. Mode3 and 4 are customisable. In the "Map Controller" window, make sure you have the right mode selected when mapping (you need at least mode1 and mode2 mapped!). Theres also a box "autoselect mode at start of flight" - checking it will automatically select the right mode upon spawning a plane (mode1) or a GV (mode2). If you want to select the modes manually (or use mode3 and 4), youll need to assign keys for manual mode selection.

Oh, and one more thing that a lot of "old timers" get confused with. The H key now toggles the mouse into "flight control mode" with a stuck cursor. This *also works when youre using a Joystick* - the "cure" is to simply hit H key again. If youre using a stick, you can always simply unmap the H key to avoid the issue.

The Trainer Corps has a new help page: http://trainers.hitechcreations.com - lots of info on game setup, gameplay and tactics (including controller setup).

Welcome back!
21 is only half the truth.