Author Topic: c-hog  (Read 531 times)

Offline wildirishman13

• Zinc Member
c-hog
« on: February 27, 2007, 05:49:26 PM »
:huh
ok i am a newbie so with that out of the way hers my prob
i had gottin the points for the c-hog have had great luck with the d hog flew the c-hog few a few sorties got handed a beating went back to the d-hog returned the favor went back to the c-hog or anputher try but had to have the perk points again why is that???????

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
c-hog
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 05:55:49 PM »
If you fly a perk plane, and fail to land it successfully, you lose the perks.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
c-hog
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 05:58:11 PM »
Perk points  are kinda like money.  Once you spend them they are gone. You will have to earn them again.

IE you take a perk plane like the C-Hog, and get shot down. You don't get those perkies back, as you have just spent them.  You will need to earn more perks.

RTR
The Damned

Offline wildirishman13

• Zinc Member
c-hog
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 05:59:34 PM »
oh i see that helps i see thanks
so it uses the point every time i fly it then

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
c-hog
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 06:30:38 PM »
If you fly it and land successfully you keep the points.

You use up the points each time you wreck it.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
c-hog
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 09:01:16 PM »
The "perk planes" are generally considered to be "better" or more dangerous than the normal planes.  Add to that the already mentioned fact that if you don't put it back on the runway when you are done, you lose the perks.

The result of these two facts, which hasn't been mentioned yet, is that when you fly a "perkie", you are marked.  When your opponents see your icon, and realize that-

A- You are possibly more of a threat.

and

B- They can cause you to lose your perk points in addition to shooting you down.

They will likely try even harder to scratch the paint on your beloved airplane.

This can be good or bad.  It can cause them to-

A- Try too hard, and make poor decisions based on their greed.

or

B- Cause you to be shot down quicker as they devote more energy to you than they might have, and maybe even scream to all their buddies what you are and were you are.

Just realize that people will try harder to kill a Chog vs. a Dhog.  This applies to any of the perk rides, and you will be considered a bigger, better target as your perk ride gets more expensive.

Of course they do need to get pretty close to you before the icon tells them you are a perkie corsair, or a tempest, etc.  The Chog does stand out from the other corsairs by its paint job too.  I can tell it's a Chog well before I see the icon change.

MtnMan
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline stockli

• Copper Member
/
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 12:04:26 PM »
Because I fly a Pony all the time the first two planes I will try and kill in the area are the Corsairs and LA7s

Corsairs because they are dangerous to the Pony being as fast but better slow turners

LAs because I kinda like killing em.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
c-hog
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 12:10:50 PM »
i have noticed when flying a perked ride i have ton more HO's attempeted on my hot rod compared to the normal rides.

Offline nickf620

• Copper Member
c-hog
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 12:59:35 PM »
the reason other people try to kill perked planes harder than they try to kill regular rides is cause if you kill a perk plane you get more perks than you would if that tempest was an unperked typhoon
Since tour 75

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
c-hog
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 01:30:06 PM »
Originally posted by nickf620
the reason other people try to kill perked planes harder than they try to kill regular rides is cause if you kill a perk plane you get more perks than you would if that tempest was an unperked typhoon

This is true, but a bit misleading.
It hasn't to do with perk status as such but with ENY (and all perk rides have an ENY value of 5)

Killing an unperked La7 or Spit XVI gives you exactly the same amount of perk points as when killing a Tempest or Me 262.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline nickf620

• Copper Member
c-hog
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 05:29:19 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
This is true, but a bit misleading.
It hasn't to do with perk status as such but with ENY (and all perk rides have an ENY value of 5)

Killing an unperked La7 or Spit XVI gives you exactly the same amount of perk points as when killing a Tempest or Me 262.

so that would explain why when my friend killed a 262 in a 110 he only got something like 3 perks

thank you for clearing it up i honestly didnt know that  :aok
Since tour 75