Author Topic: Combined Scores  (Read 357 times)

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
Combined Scores
« on: March 02, 2007, 06:43:04 PM »
Combining scores in all arenas just isn't right. That is  all I have to say about that.

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
Combined Scores
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 07:13:39 PM »
Combining scores in all arenas is great.
At least we have chance to fly early war birds time to time. If we had separate scores for all arenas EW and MW would be empty like AvA, and we would stick with LW planes only.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Combined Scores
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 12:16:01 AM »
Originally posted by Vad
Combining scores in all arenas is great.
At least we have chance to fly early war birds time to time. If we had separate scores for all arenas EW and MW would be empty like AvA, and we would stick with LW planes only.

I am convinced the effect would be opposite to that. Seperate scores could encourage people to fly in EW & MW.
The reason the AvA is mostly empty has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that there is a seperate score for it.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Combined Scores
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 12:42:24 AM »
It would eventually weed out those groups who use it as a boost for their rankings, but I wouldn't think it would effect anyone else, and might actually encourage a few more folks to fly there- more potential #1s for the front page.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Combined Scores
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 01:41:02 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
I am convinced the effect would be opposite to that. Seperate scores could encourage people to fly in EW & MW.
The reason the AvA is mostly empty has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that there is a seperate score for it.

Thats exactly right.  Look at the excellant turn out last Sunday in the SE.  People love a good historical matchup, the AvA would thrive if small bands of thugs didnt spoil it for everyone else, by accosting new players with the ultimate "do as I say, not as I do" display of infantile meglomania, kill shooting friendlies from field guns, and on and on...everyone in the game who has ever ventured there more than once knows what the issues there are.  

Salute Lusche.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
Combined Scores
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 06:08:50 AM »
We get scored for all this fun?:D
Debdenboys.comAdministrator