Author Topic: Global Warming SOLAR-made not MAN-made  (Read 17088 times)

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
Global Warming (a generic thread)
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 10:29:53 PM »
Maybe we should declare the ice caps endangered and declare war on the sun? Just think of all the history lost in that water that's been frozen for millenia. The loss to future generations is incalculable. I'm sure there's doom for all humanity in there somewhere.

Offline mentalguy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2007, 12:21:42 AM »
Originally posted by dmf
I think that global warming is happening because we just had an ice age a few million years ago and its been warming up ever since. And its probably happened before too, since every time theres a cool down period, theres a warm up period very shortly after it.

Technicaly we are in an ice-age. The last major cool down was about 10000bc. Give or take. The Earth has been through MUCH more drastic era's than this. Everyone should be thankfull we are not going through the "Snoball-Earth" time period.
PFC. Corey "Mentalguy" Gibson
USMC

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2007, 03:33:31 AM »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2007, 04:07:40 AM »
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2007, 04:22:07 AM »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2007, 04:24:49 AM »
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2007, 04:36:04 AM »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2007, 04:42:05 AM »
Nice video non sequitur.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2007, 09:34:57 AM »
So is this "scientist" just wrong or stupid or what?

"Abdussamatov believes that changes in the sun's heat output can account for almost all the climate changes we see on both planets.

Mars and Earth, for instance, have experienced periodic ice ages throughout their histories.

"Man-made greenhouse warming has made a small contribution to the warming seen on Earth in recent years, but it cannot compete with the increase in solar irradiance," Abdussamatov said. "

This is pretty simple stuff.

the real "inconvienient truth" is......

ITS THE SUN STUPID.

lazs

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2007, 09:35:31 AM »
Er........sorry to bring this up.  But climate changes have occured on a regular basis during the History of the earth.  Don't think Dinosaur dung had much of an effect.  There were no cows, and to my knowledge no burning of fossil fuels unless it was a natural disaster.

It has lead sometimes to the demise of life as it was then.  It has also caused life forms to evolve if it didn't cause the complete destruction of life.

I mean ....sheeesh....think of it.  If these climate changes didn't occur naturally we'd be competing for parking spaces with Stegasaurus.

I know I know Comets colliding with the earth also caused the destruction of life.  But climate changes did it more often.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2007, 09:59:17 AM »
yeah sure but...   there is no money or power in the natural global warming.

lazs

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2007, 10:41:10 AM »
This is what mars looked that then, now, and tomorrow.
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2007, 10:47:40 AM »

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2007, 03:23:46 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2

"Man-made greenhouse warming has made a small contribution to the warming seen on Earth in recent years, but it cannot compete with the increase in solar irradiance," Abdussamatov said. "

This is pretty simple stuff.

the real "inconvienient truth" is......

ITS THE SUN STUPID.

lazs

so, why did'nt you tell all of us in the first place and save us all the trouble lasz aka mr. smart guy?

i wonder if any of you have even WATCHED the movie.  have you?  it talks about the differences between the ice ages and most of the things that you are rolling on about in here.  

i am pretty sure that at least "some" of it is a good arguement and there were parts that convinced me deeply.

heres the thing...we are ultimately going to have to be the ones responsible for taking control of, and or monitoring our environment because noone else is gonna do it for us.  i for one have never enjoyed sitting in a smog filled room of carbon monoxide or swimming in a pool of my own filth.  

that's what we do every time.  we increase or fail to decrease the pollutants that we put into our atmosphere and into our water supply.  we breath it and we swim in our own excrement.

we can be a real filthy lot sometimes.

so let's all sit around and find a way to justify it...lets waste some more time arguing about WHY it is happening rather than what we can do about it.

gee sounds fun...not.

global warming is only a part of the issue.  

(said one cockroach to the other)

but it's something that we have to be prepared to accept responsibility for if and when we want to sustain our growth and prosperity as a species.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2007, 03:29:25 PM »
Don't you need to understand why something happens before you can think of the proper method to solve it?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you