Author Topic: Lockups and discos in TA  (Read 325 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Lockups and discos in TA
« on: December 06, 2001, 12:19:00 AM »
Tonight between 10 and 11 PM CTL time the TA booted evveryone out and caused the systems to lock hard. The screen froze and couldn't be unfrozen without rebooting. I talked with others who came back into the arena and they had the same problem Three versions of windows were polled, 98, ME and 2K.

In my case I had to reset, one other player said he could ctrl-alt-del and start up.

This is a bit different from the problem I have in the MA since v1.08 and the new server. I get ctd's and lost host at least once every 2 hours or less. I have stopped flying there for that reason. It happens to squaddies as well. I haven't had the same problem with that frequency in the TA until tonight with the added hard lock ups.

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Goner

• Copper Member
Lockups and discos in TA
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2001, 08:09:00 AM »
Originally posted by Maverick:
This is a bit different from the problem I have in the MA since v1.08 and the new server

since when exactly is this new server up ??

i don't fly regularly, so it's difficult to pinpoint the moment, but at least for the past week i can not get into the MA at all !!

the last time i was on was the Milk Run snapshot (last weekend in November ?) and i was on for the duration and after that we practiced in the CT and i had no probs at all ... so i suspect my problems started with the latest patch and/or the new server.

Goner