Author Topic: "Giretsu" - Ki-84 Squadron  (Read 909 times)

Offline Karash

• Copper Member
"Giretsu" - Ki-84 Squadron
« on: March 05, 2007, 11:02:02 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am looking for pilots that enjoy flying the Ki-84, and would like to form a squadron to fly sorties together.  We would also do training, drills, and missions.  Eventually I would like to expand to the Japanese bomber, and Zeke M5 for carrier based action.  Looking for people that:

-Consider the Ki-84 their primary 'bird'

-Are mature

-Have a willingness to learn wingman tactics and cover

New players are welcome, please post in this thread if you are interested.  I typically play 2 or 3 days out of the week.  I have always flown with Rooks, but changing sides often is not a problem if thats what the squandron wants to do.  If you are into stats, my stats are under "Karash".  And just in case you are interested in what "Giretsu" means, you can read this wikipedia article about it:  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giretsu

Thanks for reading.

Offline wigglepog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 02:00:41 PM »
Hi Karash,

I might be interested in such a squad.   I fly Rook in game as zes.  Am thinking a whole squad of KI's would be a hoot.

Let me know how things develop.

zes

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 03:41:07 PM »
Add the Ki-61 to the mix, and I'm interested too.

Offline Karash

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 03:58:39 PM »
I was actually flying the 61 the other day...its not to bad with some alt.

Been away for a week, but planning on getting a few nights in this week.  I will look for you guys online.

Offline Karash

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 01:58:03 PM »
Zes, let me know if you are still interested...I will invite you ingame soon as I figure out how :)  (Never ran a squad before...Wolf14, help!! :) )

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 02:33:01 PM »
Log in. If you have no squad, invite somebody and you will be the first person (and owner) of that squad.

Just type

.sqinvite

You can invite them when they're not online, and they'll get it when they log in, I believe.

You can go to the squad screen in the O' Club on the game menu, from any tower. There you can do other things including changing the squad name and/or adding more players.

Side note: It depends on the arena. Main arenas share a squadron. SEA has its own squadron, and AVA has its own squadron.

So, you can have a different sqaud setup in the AvA and the MA.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 02:45:19 PM by Krusty »

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 02:46:40 PM »
It's ".sqdinvite gameID", btw, and yes, the player will receive the invite the next time they log in, unless they are already in a squad.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 11:49:44 PM »
Crap! Left out the "d'!

^-- what hubs typed!

Offline Karash

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 12:07:06 PM »
Ok thanks guys...will send the request to zes if he is still interested :)

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 05:14:07 PM »
If you get the squad going and fly Bish at any time, I'd love to fly with yall for a few sorties. Tried the 84 for a couple of tours and was impressed at my survival rate. But I had problems turning the tables on the enemy.

I was one of the "last men standing" in Rumble 3 in it. But I just couldn't get a solution after an evation like I can in other cannon rides. A high angle snapshot doen't seem to be enough for me and I can't seem to track a BnZer long enough.

I think it has somthing to do with it being so vastly different other planes. May have been evading too hard and may not have given it the time it diserved.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Karash

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 10:56:24 AM »
Yea I am trying to form a squad, but no luck yet.  Do you use Hacksawx in the MA?  The Ki-84 is definately different from most rides I have found.  You really cannot use Combat Trim at all or it really limits your options.  Not too many people fly it, thats for sure.

Offline wigglepog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 02:52:34 PM »
Hi Karash,

Sorry I hadn't checked this forum in a while.  Yes, I'll join up.  Next time you see me in game send me a pm and I'll disband the "AssistMasters" (a squad of 1, me) and join Giretsu.  

Till then  :)

zes

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 06:59:56 PM »
Yes Karash, that would be me.

And my lack of weining from combat trim could vary well be my issue with the 84. Doing a quick evasive and slaming on the brakes may leaving me too slow to get the nose where I want it when they pass by. CT off would probably help.

Weining from CT is on my list of things to do, but keeps getting bumped for uppin'N diein' :)
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 10:45:52 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Crap! Left out the "d'!

^-- what hubs typed!

Krusty lurnt typos frum HT  hehe :p

A squadron of KI's up would be a nightmare to most other squads in the same airspace.  Only thing they could do is run away and pray.

...verrrrry interrrresting concept!
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Karash

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 12:48:46 PM »
No problem zes!  I have been off and on as well.  Like I said, I generally only fly about 3 or 4 times a week.  I sent you a squad invite, but you probably did not recieve it as you were already in a squadron.  You should disband that first, then I can resend the invite.  Let me know here when thats done...or see you online first!