Author Topic: Lower the cost the 262  (Read 1009 times)

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Lower the cost the 262
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 01:56:18 PM »
Want to fly 262 follow the steps recommended above:

Fly in lower population Country to get better perk bonus.

Fly high ENY planes to increase perk points earned.  
Points earned are Your ENY plane / Their ENY plane = points earned which is then modified by things such as you actually landing the kill.    
If you in a 5 ENY plane (Niki, La7, Spit16) and kill an ENY 5 plane.  1 point.  If you kill an ENY 15 plane, then .3 point.  If you in ENY 15 plane and kill ENY 5 plane = 3 points.  There are ENY planes up to 30 or so that still can fight well, you do the math.

Fly 262's in low population countries for cheaper perk price.

OR, fly offline or in the TA, or the DA against others (they cost anything there? I forget).

Or "as you were, carry on" and

If they cheapen the 262 to were every horrid pilot who pays his $15 a month can fly them when they wanted to, this would look more like Mig Alley than WWII.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Lower the cost the 262
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 06:26:06 PM »
It is highly priced without doubt.  Heck, I got upset with myself for losing a Tempest last week at  fraction of the cost even though I could afford a  dozen or two of them.

Before I ever flew a 262 I saved my perks until I could afford to lose 2 or 3 of them so I'd have a chance to learn something about it.  Unfortunatly, my first lesson was in compression on my first run :)

Back then I always flew Spit XVI's and if I could land 2 kills I'd get about 2 perks.  It took a lot of flying that Spit to earn enough to try a 262.

Now I fly more challenging planes.  As an example a couple of weeks ago I was flying a Hurri MkI in the LWA's.  I killed a Spit XVI, died shortly after and scored 15 perks.  I died with 1 kill and got 15 perks!

Keep the price where it is.  There's almost too many of them buzzing around already.  We don't need to see more of them.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Lower the cost the 262
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 06:42:18 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
There's almost too many of them buzzing around already.  We don't need to see more of them.

no joke, i've been seeing quit a few lately. not just one at a time but in packs of 2 or 3.

and i've been trying to get a from the spit16 also, i'd do alright if my gunnery hadn't gone to complete suck.

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Lower the cost the 262
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 02:00:52 AM »
If it annoys you that much i will let you in on a little secret... the best way to kill 262's...

It is called a Ki-67 formation. (no joke).  The top 20mm gun makes mincemeat out of jet planes.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Lower the cost the 262
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 11:42:35 AM »
I upped a 262 with a squaddie last week. FYI that may be why you seem them in pairs/packs: squadies winging together. Well my wingman died early but I landed 7 kills after losing oil. Immediately reupped with a different wingman, he died somehow as well, and I landed another 6 kills (gas dry eng out while being vulched by a 109, I had some cover so I made it down safely). First sortie all bombers. Second sortie mostly fighters. Had craploads of ammo left both times I landed.

Oh, P.S. got the entire back-to-back sortie on film! That was kinda cool. I hope to turn it into a movie someday.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Lower the cost the 262
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 04:42:07 PM »
i have no problem with people using them, i just have noticed quite a few in the last month. I've only been playing 5 months so that not a lot to go by.

i'll try the 61 one again, i used it my 1st month liked it then started trying everything else out and forgot about it.

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
Lower the cost the 262
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 05:51:37 PM »
Become a better pilot.  Dont fly lgay7s, dweebfire 16s, or niks which get you little perks.  Actually fly a challenging plane that requires some skill.  You get more perks for that.  Its not hard to get the number of perks either.  Get at least 6 kills or more you can get it in two days the most depends how much you fly.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
Lower the cost the 262
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2007, 01:20:02 PM »
ya lower the cost and give us the F-86 to combat all the guys who will fill the sky with them.
easyest  way to get perks is to fly early aircraft with a high ENY value like the 109F or seafire a zero heck anything 20 or higher will get you enough perks for a 262 in a few days.
1st you need to be a good stick and learn its better to land an aircraft on your runway than auger it into the enimys,
and the perks will follow. build up enough perks for a few 262's then try flying one (if you die saddile that puppy back up and try again.