Author Topic: Auto take-off  (Read 270 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Auto take-off
« on: March 09, 2007, 12:39:40 AM »
About once or twice a week I go to take off on my first mission of the day, normally looking away doing something else to find that I'm turning left off the runway even though I have auto take-off enabled (the green auto take-off message in center screen is not there but auto take-off is enabled every time I check in preferences).

So far I've caught it every time and taken off fine but this would be a big bummer if I was in a perk plane and didn't catch it.

If it's not going to work properly just disable it altogether.  At least that way I know I have to take of manually.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Auto take-off
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 01:01:12 AM »
If your stick spikes to the point it turns off auto takeoff, you need to add some dead zone to the spiking axis. If you cannot maintain level auto pilot either, this is the cause.

If you can use auto pilot after you take off, my only guess is you're banging the stick just enough to dislodge auto pilot.

Or maybe the stick is slipping (losing spring?) and sags on its own?

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Auto take-off
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 03:29:46 AM »
BaldEagle,

first recalibrate your stick. Both in Windows (Start > Settings > Control Panel > Gamecontroller) and in game. If that doesnt help, add some deadband like Krusty mentioned.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Auto take-off
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 05:32:36 AM »
One other possibility is you moved your rudder pedals. In the past rudder input didn't deactivate auto takeoff. It does now. It's happened to me several times.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
Auto take-off
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 08:05:33 AM »
if your flying a 2 engine plane, your other engine is not spooling up (throttling up).  So what happens it your plane will turn no matter if u have auto takeoff on or off.  The rudder trim will only compensate so much.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Auto take-off
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 08:52:55 AM »
I'll try recalibrating and re-setting dead zones but I don't think thats it.  When it happens it's usually on my 1st flight of the day and I never seem to have a problem losing auto-pilot.

It's worth a try at least.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.