Author Topic: When Is A Rope A Ho - Erica?  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
When Is A Rope A Ho - Erica?
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2007, 05:34:22 PM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
How many bloody times do I have to say it.

If its NOT nose to to bloody nose from  3k out guns fireing its NOT a bloody HO.

Say it a thousand times, it'll still be wrong.
 Both firing proves head-on. Range to target isn't relevant.
 zero defelection, isn't deflection.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2007, 07:21:28 AM »
Just because both can get guns on in a turn fight doesn't make it a HO.

Its nose to nose from 3k out or further, no attempt at acm, flying or skill that makes it a HO. Its "playing chicken" with no skill needed that makes it a cheap tactic.  Its been that way since beta and its going to stay that way.

Wake up & smell the coffee.

If your in a turn fight its not a HO, its a forward quarter shot in a maneuver fight.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 07:25:27 AM by Ghosth »

Offline quintv

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2007, 08:31:09 AM »

Its nose to nose from 3k out or further, no attempt at acm, flying or skill that makes it a HO. Its "playing chicken" with no skill needed that makes it a cheap tactic.  Its been that way since beta and its going to stay that way.

If your in a turn fight its not a HO, its a forward quarter shot in a maneuver fight.

If I'm in an inferior E position or the other plane just completely outclasses me, I'll take the H.O everytime.

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2007, 04:01:52 PM »
I really doubt very much that oDALLASo is an HTC shade.  

I can't imagine an HTC employee voxxing a "nasty" and then leaving the arena because they were shot down by a faster plane after failing to escape after their wingman was shot down (while they were engaged with a low enemy two on one. While I don't know the guys at HTC personally, in my past experience you could always count on the primaries at the sim companies as being class acts. To most of us, it's a game or perhaps a simulation - to them, it's their dream.

People tend not to cheapen their dreams.

Besides which, if they are anything like the Rats or some of the original IEN'ers, they are in a league where a mere mortal pilot like myself will never get a touch on them.

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2007, 05:05:23 PM »

We're watching different films.

I didn't see a turn fight, I saw a plane go straight up when he couldn't run anymore and then dive from d1.2 headon to the spit that was climbing headon to him. both fired together, near collision even.  Sure looked like playing chicken to me.

Forward quarter, deflection, you keep using these terms to describe two  planes intentionally direct nose to nose firing at each other. I don't think they mean what you think they mean.

Not a rope in my book, not acm worthy to me. Both were looking for nose from go. But, then, I don't know what you're teaching in the TA these days either.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 05:12:24 PM by Booz »

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Not picking on Erica
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2007, 05:06:31 PM »
It's not her fault.  She was taught that the only way you lose is when someone cheats or pulls a "lame" maneuver.

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)