Author Topic: thinking about TrackIr  (Read 352 times)

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
thinking about TrackIr
« on: March 16, 2007, 09:42:03 AM »
I have given some thought to purchasing TrackIr.I would appreciate some input from you fellow pilots on how good TrackIr is.What is it's biggest advantage,etc.I would like to hear the good and the bad.People that bought it,and didn't care for it etc.I have Sennheiser headphones,so that clip on device would't work I guess.Thanks in advance for any advice.
IronDog

Offline FireOf59

• Copper Member
TRack IR
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 01:50:28 PM »
I bought a TrackIR 4 Pro some time ago and love it; It heightens the immersion immensely.
At first your gunnery will suck and I got a little dizzy from time to time while I was learning it. You SA will approve dramatically in the long run and I'd bet your Kill / death Ratio will as well. (Mine has never been great but it got a lot better when I learned to use the TrackIR
If you get one and get the clip for the cap, get a few extras. I lost mine and it sucked.

Good Luck

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
thinking about TrackIr
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 03:21:27 PM »
What is it's biggest advantage,etc

None that I can see , in fact the AH saved views are so much faster that for me I only use it in MS2004 and the like what don't have AH excellent view system .

IT'S GREAT in those games IMO .

Alot might say it's better but it's not faster IMO . After 8 years with my thumb and index finger being my vitural "neck" I can tell where I am in the game without a problem at all .

I say go ahead and get one , mine sits right beside my monitor waiting for me to fly a float plane in MS2004 :)

My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
thinking about TrackIr
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 05:14:08 PM »
Try not to hit Terrapin point on your climb out.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline jedi25

• Copper Member
Put your head in the game
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 08:50:21 AM »
I use the IR Tracker pro with clips, you will get more situation awareness with there tracker.

Also, your HAT switch views will still be functionable.

It will take some time for you to get use to flying with the IR Tracker and configure your personnal optimized settings that suits your need.

But be patient, It will pay off..  :aok