Author Topic: Vox problems  (Read 545 times)

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
Vox problems
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:57:14 AM »
Im having a vox sound problem. When talking on range, I can hear other people just fine and they seem to be able to hear me as well. When talking on channel though, my vox is very weak and broken up as well as the incoming vox from squadmates or any one else on the channel. Ventrillo is also causing a game freeze and subsequent boot from the game.

Anyone else having issues of late?

I have made no changes to my system, and have not had any previous problems.

68valu
Flying since tour 84

Offline RogolloWing

• Zinc Member
Re: Vox problems
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 11:01:00 AM »
Yes, I have been having trouble for months.  One of the updates, about a week or so ago, resolved the issues, but that last update  put me right back where I was - a mute.  Yesterday, I was flying with a Squaddie, SF, who repeated the same problem: People cannot hear us when we transmit.  Fortunately, we are from the old Air Warriors school and could use our keyboards.  But come on, Let's get into the 21st century, huh?

I run Windows 7 on a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ750n.  I uses a headset with a microphone.  In my Sound Panel, I have two recording devices.  Both of these are for the "High Definition Audio Device".  The first (upper) of the two is for the microphone built into the computer.  The other is for the MIC jack on the computer into which the headset mic jack is plugged.  Although only one may be set as default, I have configured both using the Windows tools.  Both microphones activate the sound meter when selected as default.  Both work well with the Windows Microphone Setup Wizard.

The headset microphone works well with Skype.

Under Sound settings, Headphone properties: "Levels" is set to 63, None of the three Enhancement options (Bass Boost, Headphone Virtualization, or Loudness Virtualization) is selected.  Under Advanced, "2 Channel 16 bit, 44100 HZ (cd quality)" is selected.  Type options "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode priority" are selected.

Under Sound Settings, "Microphone properties", the "Listen through this device" is NOT checked.  The Advanced options are the same as for the Headphones  above. BUT, under the "levels" option, I see that my boost is set to 0 AND MY MICROPHONE IS SET TO ZERO! 

It seems strange that other applications would work with that setting, but Aces High does not.  I will change that Microphone Level to say, 50 and see what happens.  Wish me luck!