Author Topic: The Swifties are at it Again!  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
The Swifties are at it Again!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 10:49:42 PM »
Lasersailor, we've established that, but you haven't explained the commie apologist part yet.  Or is that just a neat phrase you've been wanting to use?
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
laser
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 02:08:25 AM »
Arizonians do know about McCain's faults.  IIRC, most of the tacoheads here denounced them rather than supported him... I think it might be NUKE that mentionned specific facts.
It might have been the 2nd or immigration, I don't remember.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Re: laser
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 03:12:46 AM »
Originally posted by moot
Arizonians do know about McCain's faults.  IIRC, most of the tacoheads here denounced them rather than supported him... I think it might be NUKE that mentionned specific facts.

Yes we know about Mccain's faults.  He started his career as a staunch conservative but as more and more illegals populated Arizona, Mccain moved accordingly left.  Mccain is a politician, not a statesman.  He still calls himself republican but he is a long way from being conservative.   Mccain has grown verfy soft on immigration.  As near as I can tell it is in an effort to garner some of the hispanic votes in AZ.

Mccain has sold his base out.  were he to run for President, I doubt he would  carry AZ.  Then there's the whole Mccain-Feingold debacle.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Re: The Swifties are at it Again!
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 08:00:05 AM »
Originally posted by Flatbar
The swifties are at it again!
You must have misread that. It's not the swift boat veterans doing this.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 08:09:45 AM »
Flatbar had an ooopsie! ;)

The anti-tax group Club for Growth yesterday released a review of McCain’s record on its top priorities and cautioned against electing him president. Meanwhile, a new “527” advocacy group, similar [/size]to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, has pledged to expose McCain as a communist apologist who turned his back on prisoners of war.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 08:13:57 AM »
well... first of all.. the swift boat guys simply told the truth about kerrie.

second... flatbars link has nothing to do with the swift boat guys..  So far as I know, they have said nothing about mccain..

but then.. that never got in the way of a good leftie whine did it?

lazs

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 08:28:48 AM »
I supported the Swiftboat Veterans telling the truth about Kerry.  Too this day I still believe that Kerry submitted false testimony on Purpla Heart Awards and other awards.  Kerry is a slime ball politician beyond the grip of morality.

As Lazs pointed out, the Swiftboat Veterans for the Truth are not involved in it.  It is just another left wing whine as usual.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: laser
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 08:42:42 AM »
Originally posted by moot

tacoheads LOL

isn't that racist?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 09:29:44 AM »
Disliking McCain is fine, disagreeing with his stance on the issues is fine, I'm still waiting for Lasersailer to back up the 'communist apologist' description, he's the only one here who's embraced that bit from the story.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2007, 09:48:26 AM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
Disliking McCain is fine, disagreeing with his stance on the issues is fine, I'm still waiting for Lasersailer to back up the 'communist apologist' description, he's the only one here who's embraced that bit from the story.

Perhaps he's feeling the same way many vietnam vets did in 1992?

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: The Swifties are at it Again!
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2007, 10:06:11 AM »
Originally posted by Mini D
You must have misread that. It's not the swift boat veterans doing this.

It's the same people, just a different name.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 10:36:04 AM »
The problem with McCain is no one is really sure how he is going to vote on issues (except maybe Iraq) and that scares both the Left and the Right.

I compare him to Liberman, unfortunately, as they both vote moderate once in a while and then their 'own team' doesn't like them.

Only ones that are trusted by their own Party as those that vote the Party line. The trick is to make yourself look moderate while not alienating your own Party, one thing Hillary for example, has completely failed at recently.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 11:33:47 AM »
Originally posted by Delirium
The problem with McCain is no one is really sure how he is going to vote on issues (except maybe Iraq) and that scares both the Left and the Right.

You take on Mcclain is short sighted, no offense.  His speeches and posturing have moved more to the left as his career has progressed.  He wants to get re-elected more  than he cares for doing the right thing for his country.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: The Swifties are at it Again!
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2007, 11:41:13 AM »
Originally posted by Mini D
You must have misread that Flatbar. It's not the swift boat veterans doing this.

Originally posted by Flatbar
It's the same people, just a different name.

No you miss read it, it's not the same people.   I shall quote from the article

The anti-tax group Club for Growth yesterday released a review of McCain’s record on its top priorities and cautioned against electing him president. Meanwhile, a new “527” advocacy group, similar[/size] to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, has pledged to expose McCain as a communist apologist who turned his back on prisoners of war.

"similar" does not equal "same"
Meanwhile, the McCain campaign had no comment on the new 527, known as “Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain.” It is founded by the same veterans who ran an Internet information campaign against Kerry in 2004, “Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry.”[/size]

In 2004, the group made a splash by publicizing pictures of Kerry at anti-war protests in the 1970s, including one showing him several rows behind Jane Fonda. It claims credit for originating many of the attacks used by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth later in the campaign.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Re: laser
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2007, 11:42:12 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
tacoheads LOL

isn't that racist?

:lol I dunno... ask Steve.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you