Author Topic: Waiting Squad Nose Art Acceptance  (Read 268 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Waiting Squad Nose Art Acceptance
« on: March 14, 2007, 07:55:08 AM »
Help - Never had a problem before.  (Used 255,255,255 and 127,127,127 settings and still no transparent Nose Art).
 :rolleyes:

Please help, I need answers. :confused:
  • Once uploaded must I keep a copy of "my" file in the folder?
  • Nothing I do produces a transparent  nose art - looks crappy
  • Will transparency take place only after file is uploaded by HTC
  • How long does it take to get Squad Nose Art approved?

I used to have a skin viewer.  That thing stopped working about 10 patches ago.  Is there an application that allows me to see skinned planes outside of the game? (preferrably one that will show the true result of Nose Art).:aok

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 08:15:39 AM »
Hi Chilli!

The nose art must be indexed, 8 bit, 256 color. The alpha mask color (transparency) is 176|176|176.

I cannot tell you much on the noseart uploading/approval process, as Ive never done that before. But id guess that the time it takes till approval depends on the workload Skuzzy has.

The current skin viewer is not up to par with the game update. That means, you can use it, but youll have to rebuild game plane cache after each time you opened it.

Do you have any noseart show up in the game at the moment? (check while in F3 mode on the ground). If you do, you can "replace" that nosearts file with your own (need to name it the same) - but back the original up :). If you are squad CO, you should be able to use your own. It will always (no matter if the file has been approved) show up in game for you (but noone else! until its approoved).

(I did that a while ago when I was adjusting some nose arts. Just backed the Damned noseart up and named mine tc.bmp.... then i could view them in the TA).

Hope this helps you.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Has the transparency color changed?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 03:59:22 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
Hi Chilli!

The nose art must be indexed, 8 bit, 256 color. The alpha mask color (transparency) is 176|176|176.

Thank you very much Schatzi.  I will give it a try.  When I asked this question to other online players they pointed me to a thread on the BBS.  That is where I got the colors that  I was using before with no good results.  :confused:

Thank you for (err ...... uhmmmm)  clearing  that up:rofl

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 04:04:59 PM »
I review the noseart weekly.  And this documentation would have solved your problem.  Look near the bottom of the page.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Good Squad information source
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 04:38:42 AM »
Thanks Skuzzy:aok

I bookmarked the Squads/ help section now that you pointed it out to me.  I am assuming that Axis Vs Allies squads are the same as Main arena squads when it comes to the approval process.  Now that I have the proper transparency colors, I may have to resubmit noseart.  Sorry, Skuzzy for making double work for you.