Author Topic: Your Chat Privileges Have Been Suspended  (Read 438 times)

Offline RedOne3

• Zinc Member
Your Chat Privileges Have Been Suspended
« on: March 14, 2007, 11:40:57 PM »
:cry for the first time ever I have just received the dreaded "Your Chat Privileges Have Been Suspended" message :eek: I have to admit I was pretty upset when I dropped the old F bomb on 200 but it was a one time thing and cause of it I now can't chat at all on any channel even my squads vox channel... Now for most this may not be a prob, since they still have voice vox, but for me not having a mic it is a huge problem... And before you say well just get a mic, it's not that I do not have a mic, it's that every mic I get crashes or freezes the game when I key up so I cannot use a mic even if I wanted too... I done tried using a usb headset and mic, and also a regular analog headset and mic, and with both I get the same outcome when I key it up, either on vox or range channel, the screen would freeze, or I would get the white screen of death and booted from the game all together... But that's neither here nor there... What I would really like to know is, if this chat suspension for good, is it for an hour or two, a week, a month, or what? And also why do you get automatically suspended, and don't get a warning first... I have got the warning for the 10 minute ban or what have you, but not a suspension warning, or is that 10 minute time out the suspension warning, and if so why does it not say you can have your chat suspended all together? The day I got chat suspension I got 1 10 minute timeout and before that 10 minutes was even up, I got the suspension message... How can I get my chat privilege back on, or can I even get it back now? Thanxz

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 01:01:47 AM »
I've been playing AH for almost 7 years and I've never have my chat privs suspended. ever. Playing this game is a privilege.  Accounts can be suspended and money refunded.  I can only assume the owners of this product take pride in supporting a community that respects other players and that same respect is expected from those who moderate.

If your chat privileges have been suspended, take it as a reflection and an opportunity to look at why it happend (f bomb) and ask yourself was it worth it and could of their response have been worse (ie suspended account).

You could call Skuzzy tomorrow and ask when, but you might have to explain your actions too.  :D
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline RedOne3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 04:03:19 AM »
I understand this, but we all get caught up in the heat of the moment at times.... I've been playing AH for a while now myself, and this was the first time I've ever dropped the f bomb on chat buffer, though many of times at home I have used much harsher words :-) but so have we all I'm sure.... Anyone that knows me on AH will tell you, I more then respect the other players playing online, never have I disrespected any of the players or those who moderate the game at any time.... And let me clear up the whole f bomb thing, I was a bit peeved when a Bishop player kept coming to a V Base we were defending, and decided to keep bombing my Tiger Tank, instead of going for the one of 8 other players at the base with GV's, so I said on 200 "You squealing Bishops Sux" just like that, not naming the actual player himself and saying nothing more then that, I got a 10 minute ban, and I understood that.... While I was banned for them 10 minutes or what have you, another player on 200 said you bish are gonna take that, and a minute or two after that, I got the message my chat has been suspended... And I was only 6 minutes into the 10 minute ban if even that, so I kinda got to thinking since that player had more then a few squadies on at the time, that him and the squad all reported me at the same time causing me to get my chat suspended... Now to me that is abusing chat report privileges, since the player and his squad was using it in a spiteful manner.... I mean I'm sure none of the other players that read that on 200 were that offended by it, at least not so much to the point where they would all think it warranted a chat suspension... I have seen much more vulgar things implied or said on both 200 and country chat many of times, and often by the same players over and over again, and have never heard of their chat privileges being suspended cause of it... I can see if I was to continue to abuse my chat privies but I did not, I made that one comment and that was all... All I'm saying is I feel having my chat suspended for something so minor is a bit extreme, specially since I had no warning before the fact that my chat privileges can be suspended for something so minor.... Had I known that it would have never happened...

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 05:46:18 AM »
Red...You're trying to justify what happened when there is no justification.

Don't try to pin blame on that player's squad for reporting you. I wasn't there, but I would bet you had people from every country (including your own) report the incident.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 06:26:23 AM »
I think the "F bomb" is an automatic thing, you don't need to be reported.  I think the text banning is a couple of days, but you could call HTC and talk with them.

On the other hand, you state you've been playing for awhile and this is the first time you've been "suspended", but you also mentioned you have had 10 min bans before. It is starting to look like a "repeat offender" type of thing. I've been in the game for years and have never been banned. neither 10 mins ones or longer. Yes I've wanted to really go at it, and a few times I've found myself warming up to a good tirade, but have always stepped back. Its a game and some nights your the target, others your the killer. Learn to live with it.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 08:52:24 AM »
No sympathy here.

RTR
The Damned

Offline RedOne3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 03:12:43 PM »
When I say I have had 10 minute bans before, I don't mean it is an every day thing, or even an ordinary thing for me... For the past 3 years that I have played AH I've received maybe 7 or 8 10 minute bans if even that, with 90% of those being the first 6 months I started playing, in the last 2 years I have received only 1 10 minute ban and that was when this happened.... I just can't understand why would other players get away with being much more vulgar both on 200 and country channel or even VOX.... If even implying the F word is an automatic ban, why isn't saying Vag, implying Vagina, or calling another player a studmuffin, implying studmuffinot, or calling someone a Biaatch? shouldn't all of those and others be automatic suspensions as well if that was the case? I just think it was a bit extreme, all I'm saying....

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 03:26:47 PM »
Blimey RedOne3 you are still not getting it!

Just moderate your language and avoid getting even close to bad language of any sort - It really isn't necessary or desirable. We are not talking about what you can or cannot get away with - To even contemplate that is simply the wrong attitude to start with.

Offline RedOne3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 03:46:23 PM »
Alright I see this is going way over everyone's head... I know what I said was wrong, and should not have been said, but if saying what I said is an automatic suspension of chat privileges, then it should be the same for everyone that says anything even remotely similar to what I have... But I see players get away with it time and time again.... I just don't think it's fare to single someone out for using the f word, when there are others using harsher or more vulgar words in my eyes, all the time... Actually naming other players online and degrading them... To me I think that is far worse cause you are actually insulting or disrespecting a player online... I don't know maybe it's me, but in any case I'm actually getting quite annoyed now with this whole matter, so I'm just going to leave it at that and move on....

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 04:02:10 PM »
Bringing this to the bulletin board does not accomplish anything.  You lost your privs due to excess complaints from other players.  They will be automatically restored.

If you really feel you need to talk about it, then contact us, either email or phone call is appropriate.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com